Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep tracking inaccurate with Versa

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Versa tracks my sleep but it's inaccurate.  I woke up this morning at 7am.  My Versa reported I was awake at 5am & it stopped tracking my sleep.  Other nights it starts my sleep long after I go to bed.  I'm asleep after my head hits the pillow.  My Blaze used to track sleep if I fell asleep in the recliner, recorded awake time when I moved to my bed & went back to tracking sleep until I woke in the morning.  Are there known issues with the Versa's sleep tracking that are being corrected by Fitbit?  I made the wrong assumption accuracy (heart rate, steps, sleep) would not be an issue with the Versa since the Blaze works so well.  

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity and label. 

Best Answer
644 REPLIES 644

I've had a surge for over 2 years, but my versa tracks my sleep way more accurate. So it's not all drama apparently.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issues, chat person told me if you sleep less than 3 hours the Versa will not track your sleep. I go to bed around 10-11, wake up around 1ish for a bathroom run and then go back to bed. My tracker only tracks from when I come back from the bathroom til I wake up. My tracker show 3-4 hours sleep each night. Very frustrated with both versa and chat. 

Best Answer

I dont see the sleep sensitivity settings in advanced settings. Do you where i can find it?

@TempestFire wrote:

Hi @Tammy_S have you tried changing the sleep sensitivity setting under account (top right icon on phone app) and Advanced settings.

I have my setting on normal for my Versa and it seems spot on for sleep times.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I sent mine back and qenr back ti my chaege 2
Best Answer
Almost ready to do the same. 

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer

I've had the same issues after switching from the blaze, which tracked sleep flawlessly, to the versa.

I spent a lot of time writing detailed posts and trying all the suggestions, and was frustrated to see users blamed and posts deleted.

I decided to provide fitbit more encouragement to fix the sleep issue, by returning my versa.  Maybe this is the best solution for now.

Ps: If the problems are eventually fixed, I would buy the versa again.

Best Answer

I'm returning mine and going back to my Charge 2 as I miss the tracking and don't want to wait an indeterminate amount of time for a fix.

TBH, I can understand the business logic of Fitbit not putting their hands up; as this would open them up to a whole world of pain!  I imagine, and would hope, that they are are frantically working behind the scenes to release a patch.

When/if the issue is fixed or mitigated with a future software update, I will probably buy one then - I will still have the extra chargers I bought ;-/

I've noticed a couple of references to "return windows":  e.g.: 15 days, X days, etc.. FWIW, if you bought it in the UK this needn't apply.  In theory, you have up to 6 YEARS to return it; although, realistically, 6 months is a straightforward return. https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-rights-act  Note:  despite what they may lead you to believe, you still have these statutory rights when buying from Amazon.

D

Best Answer

Hey guys, this could be a complete fluke but I had a tempered glass screen protector on my versa special edition from the moment I took it out of the box, it slipped off yesterday and it was the first day since I have had it that it tracked my sleep properly! I’ll continue to monitor it to see if that could actually be the reason.

Best Answer

I'm wearing it tight on my left wrist. Tonight I woke up at 3AM to went downstairs and back to bed. My Versa shows ant wake ups at that time. Only REM and light sleep. How is that even possible if I was moving, walking, climbing stairs for at least 5 minutes. And then scrolling my phone for at least 20minutes. I'm so disappointed with my Versa now ( I have the well known issue with notifications and syncing too). 😞 I'm ready to bring it back to the store.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You do realize how inadequate your reply is, right?  You are talking to people who have used other Fitbit products without issue. We understand how the product works. We understand that it detects movement to detect sleep. WE are saying, that for some reason other than user error, the versa is not recording our sleep appropriately.  That is disappointing. We hope it is an issue that will be addressed in future software updates because the effectiveness of the sleep detection right now really sucks and it isn’t us, the user, doing it wrong. 

Best Answer

I am hoping they do something or I will never buy a Fitbit again

Best Answer

Mine does weird things too

It does track most of the time.. but two days a week. .it forgot when i fell sleep..

normally i am asleep by 10 pm.. but like last night. it decided i fell asleep at 11:15

so.. its a bit weird.. i am thinking of changing one of the setting to sensitive sleep instead of normal.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have changed my screen back to the factory set clock and it still did not tracking my sleep. It is weird since it tracked my sleep well for 3 weeks when I first bought the versa and now it may track one hour of sleep in an entire week. So, I have not figured out how to make it track my sleep again. I am very irritated, since I never had this issue with my charge HR. 

Best Answer

I went through every setting on my Fitbit app and the versa itself and have not been able to locate an option to change my sleep sensitivity.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dont bother..it did not change a thing for me.. 

I still went to bed at 10 pm and was sleeping right away and fitbit only recorded me going to sleep at 00:45... 

to change the sensitivity

i went online in fitbit.com

then click on vew settings and double click on the versa watch

you will see in there sleep sensivity.. 

I just put mine back to normal..

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have same problems as mentioned in this thread. Shows sleep starting hours later than I do, shows large gaps in sleep that dont exist, shows wrong wake up - in short is useless. I DO have sleep apnea so was using my earlier charge 2 sleep tracking to see results of CPAP use, and improve my sleep habits. Charge 2 worked nicely and Versa does NOT. Tried all corrections mentioned above. Agree that manual editing is not a solution - why have sleep tracking watch at all? This is why I got a Versa instead of Apple Watch (4 day charging verses nightly and Fitbit sleep tracking always worked BEFORE this model) Either something is wrong with the sleep sensor or the recording software. Please help by submitting bug report or whatever is needed.

Best Answer

I looked in my versa and don't find sensitivity

Best Answer
0 Votes
It’s in the app on your phone under advanced settings.

Sent from my iPhone by Bonita Majonis
Basic (disintegrated), Ultra, One, Surge (returned), Flex, Charge, Alta, Charge 2, iPhone 7 Plus, Macbook Pro, iPad Pro.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks
Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, I have certainly been an active member on all the threads complaining about inaccurate sleep tracking and have even have had a couple of posts removed that have, ahem, violated the community standards.

After having a breathtaking fail one night where I had less than three hours of sleep tracked (in detailed sleep stages, no less) I called customer support and got lucky.  

The support person took me through a rather complicated process about 10 steps long that involved syncing, restarts, and changing the tracking to sensitive.  I am so sorry, I cannot remember the order.  For the last two nights, I have had normal tracking, the kind I have not experienced since switching out my Alta for the Versa.  Although changing the sleep tracking from normal to sensitive seems counterintuitive, the support person said that it helps the tracker pick up the heart rate.  My awake time has increased maybe 15 minutes a night.

So, fitbit moderator, check and see what I was told and then maybe post the steps here?  

Basic (disintegrated), Ultra, One, Surge (returned), Flex, Charge, Alta, Charge 2, iPhone 7 Plus, Macbook Pro, iPad Pro.
Best Answer