Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep tracking inaccurate with Versa

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Versa tracks my sleep but it's inaccurate.  I woke up this morning at 7am.  My Versa reported I was awake at 5am & it stopped tracking my sleep.  Other nights it starts my sleep long after I go to bed.  I'm asleep after my head hits the pillow.  My Blaze used to track sleep if I fell asleep in the recliner, recorded awake time when I moved to my bed & went back to tracking sleep until I woke in the morning.  Are there known issues with the Versa's sleep tracking that are being corrected by Fitbit?  I made the wrong assumption accuracy (heart rate, steps, sleep) would not be an issue with the Versa since the Blaze works so well.  

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity and label. 

Best Answer
644 REPLIES 644
Please!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

My goodness! I had an HR + and I loved it. I gave it to my father and upgraded to the Versa for the waterproofing. It never occurred to ne that Fitbit would have gotten sleep tracking wrong after doing such an excellent job with the HR.

I just put it on. I hope it works for me. Sleep tracking was my #1 reason for getting a Fitbit.   😞

I hope mine is ok.

Best Answer
Hi,

I had a charge 2 And before that a charge HR. They both tracked my sleep
flawlessly. I love my Versa, but it is not as good at tracking my sleep as
the other 2 were.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I too, contacted support and did all sorts of restarts, and ended with a reboot... all for it to work for one evening.  
This is my third Versa, and according to it, I have not slept since May 28th.
I'm still not getting hourly notifications (I believe I've gotten about 5 in the past week) I get occasional text notifications.  My hourly chart doesn't show my 250 step hours on the app (but they do show on the watch) and the step tracker graph on the app shows about 5% of my steps per day (huge section completely blank)

I've done tons of troubleshooting, endless  factory resets, restarts, turned settings on and off a zillion times... and tried three different versas (limited edition and normal woven band and basic band)  tried various watch faces, etc.  

I've just come to the conclusion that fitbit needs to fix the software on their end, cause there's literally nothing else to try as a customer.

Best Answer

I’m sad to see others are having the same problems I am...although slightly relieved as well.  I’ve had nothing but trouble with sleep tracking since I started using my Versa about 11 days ago.

Last night I was in bed from 10:19pm-6:11am, but Versa tracked it as 1:08-2:39am and 3:40-5:50am with simplified sleep because both sessions were under 3 hours.  There have been similar problems since I got it, every night except one where it inexplicably and unexpectedly got it right.  I’ve tried various settings and clock faces to try to duplicate that one good night, but nothing works.

Based on what I’m reading here, I’ll be watching the return window very carefully.  As I told support, I’m not getting saddled with a $200 lemon. So disappointing.

Best Answer

My husband has no prob with his charge 2 but as I have knee probs I wanted something to use n lake.aslo I sleep poorly and wanted to see

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wore my Charge 2 last night and it tracked my sleep correctly, so this is definitely an issue with the Versa.  Considering this thread began April 22nd and still isn’t resolved, I’m planning to return the Versa.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So does that mean if you toss and turn in your sleep it won't read as sleep? That could explain it for me anyway.

Best Answer

It has gaps of up to a couple of hours at times.  For me personally, there's no way I toss and turn THAT much, ever.

Best Answer

I figured out the solution to this annoying issue. 

1. Take it off you wrist 

2. Put it in the garbage

3. Sleep soundly. 

Mine is now in my junk drawer collecting dust. This watch is terrible. Worst purchase I ever made and couldn't return it. 

Best Answer

I'm also not getting correct night sleep tracking. When I first got my Versa 2 weeks ago it worked fine. But now it says I sleep a couple of hours and some days don't appear. My Charge HR works fine and tracks my sleeping habits fine. I noticed that my heart rate is not tracking correctly, though I can see the watch showing correct rates. I've restarted, factory reset and same problem. 😭

Best Answer

Yes, unfortunately, I think my solution is going to be:

1. Return to Amazon

Very disappointed.  😞

Best Answer

the first couple of nights of my versa was working ok for sleep tracking

then everything went haywire.. 

I am like so many others.. i go to bed nightly at 10 pm. but it does not record that i am sleeping.. 

it might start at midnight for an hour or two.. then stops and start again an hour later.. 

everyday.. i have to put the time i fell asleep.. if i remember and the time i got up.. 

its ridiculous.. wish they would post that solution from the guy who called support...

other then sleep tracking my watch works awesome.. but i am a weird sleeper and i need to know.. My charge 2 was always working

wish they would fix the software

Best Answer

DEFE01E6-E94F-454F-8841-2997FA5163FE.png

It is now 11:07 and I dosed for one hour.  Please fix our Versa sleep tracking.  This is NUTS! 

Best Answer

I did not pay $200 to manually track my sleep.  Is this a known issue at Fitbit and if so is there a fix coming?  Or do I return this and buy a competing model?

Best Answer

It’s a known issue within the Fitbit community.  And in the process we’ve learned how horribly poor Fitbit support is as they’ve buried  their head in the sand about this and basically blame the 100’s of affected users that they aren’t wearing the device properly.  Many have already returned theirs.  Don’t waste your time and good money on a company that won’t acknowledge the problem and fix it.

Best Answer

Return it right away if you having sleep tracking issues. I believed the fix was coming and kept mine past the return window. I am stuck. Don't be return it now.

Best Answer
I'm returning mine too .its home on charger and I've walked 18 thousand
steps
Best Answer
0 Votes

Maybe, just maybe, the synching problem has to do with the juice left in either the watch and or the cell phone. My versa (standard model) did not synch when power was low. 

@Skyybluepurple wrote:

I too, contacted support and did all sorts of restarts, and ended with a reboot... all for it to work for one evening.  
This is my third Versa, and according to it, I have not slept since May 28th.
I'm still not getting hourly notifications (I believe I've gotten about 5 in the past week) I get occasional text notifications.  My hourly chart doesn't show my 250 step hours on the app (but they do show on the watch) and the step tracker graph on the app shows about 5% of my steps per day (huge section completely blank)

I've done tons of troubleshooting, endless  factory resets, restarts, turned settings on and off a zillion times... and tried three different versas (limited edition and normal woven band and basic band)  tried various watch faces, etc.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Alejandra,

If I wanted to track my sleep manually, I would do it in an excel document and save $250.

I have done every “fix” that you and your team has suggested to every other Versa user,

but it is not tracking sleep correctly at all.

As well, it should not be counting steps when riding my motorcycle or driving.

Looking at how many people have complained in the forums, it it quite obvious that there is a serious hardware/software problem with the Versa (as other Fitbit devices work correctly) that Fitbit fails to acknowledge. Not even a statement saying that Fitbit is aware of the problems and working towards a solution. 

It’s very sad.

Best Answer