Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep tracking working 1 out of 4 nights.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My versa tracked my sleep one night out of four. Not sure why to do 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Is the HR turned on and working?

KC | Texas
One, Charge HR, Charge 2, Versa | Galaxy S9 Plus

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

Is the HR turned on and working?

KC | Texas
One, Charge HR, Charge 2, Versa | Galaxy S9 Plus
Best Answer

Yes it is I have the heart rate at

all times.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @swim4lifekac and @ltmm, I hope you're having a great day, it's nice to see you around. Smiley Happy

@ltmm, thanks for bringing this to my attention and for confirming the HR on your watch is turned on. At this moment I would like to ask you to restart your Versa by pressing and holding the Back and Select buttons (left and bottom right) until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen. Then, monitor your sleep for the next night.

Additionally, please note that the Fitbit app currently has 
in-app error notifications that provide an explanation for why you aren't receiving Sleep Stages on any given night. This is meant to provide insight into what might be occurring to cause this.The error messages are the following:

1. We need more than 3 hours of sleep to reliably calculate your sleep stages. Learn more
  2. Your tracker couldn't get a consistent heart rate reading while you slept. Learn more 
  3. We couldn’t generate sleep stages for this sleep. Please try again tomorrow. Learn more

When you tap on Learn more, you will be able to get more information about why your tracker didn't record sleep stages. Additionally, I'd like to suggest the following:

• For any of the nights you were expecting to see Sleep Stages, did you ever click on the "Begin Sleep Now" or "Add Sleep Log" functions within the Fitbit App?
    • This is important to note because your tracker uses auto-detection to track Sleep Stages; so there's no need to try and remember to click on anything before falling asleep! 
  • Do you have at least 3 consecutive hours of sleep?
    • This is important to note because you typically won't see sleep stages if you are waking up multiple times through out the night or taking short naps.
  • Your tracker's battery isn't at a critically low level prior to falling asleep.
  • Your device is tracking and syncing heart rate data.
    • This is important because Sleep Stages uses a combination of your movement and heart-rate patterns. 
  • Your Fitbit App is updated to the latest version.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarcoGFitbit do these errors show up only when an error is detected? is there an area where this lives persistently?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have done everything you have said and it still doesn't work. Need help asap.

Moderator Edit: Format.

Best Answer

Hello @SunsetRunner, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. It's nice to see you around @just_startSmiley Happy

@just_start, the insight will show up only when Sleep Stages were not detected by the tracker the previous night, they are meant to provide you tips in how to improve the way the tracker records your sleep.

@SunsetRunner, at this moment I would like to ask you for a screenshot of your sleep records so I can check this further. 

I hope this resolves your inquiry, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I turned the watch around so it is on the inside of my wrist. It seems to lay flat against my skin better. I even did this during my workouts. It isn’t as convenient but it works. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @ltmm, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you've shared with me the steps you've taken in order to resolve this issue. If there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer

I upgraded from the blaze 16days ago and my sleep hasn't tracked for more than 1hr since, the Versa is a piece of crap.

Best Answer

I have wrist tattoos, that is the problem. If I want to record sleep I put the watch portion on the inside of my wrist. I love the app, in theory the Versa is good except for that. Unless they can fix this I will be going back to Apple Watch when this needs to be replaced

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have tattoos on both arms (full sleeves) and with my blaze I've never had
an issue, with the Versa it just doesn't track sleep and adds imaginary
steps. My partner also has tattoos with the ionic and he's had no issues
with it either.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've managed to get sleep stats for three nights now. I've done this by putting my Versa on my other wrist and facing it inwards, the insights late in depth at least but still annoying since I don't always remember to switch it over. 

I also have tattoos on both arms from top to bottom but still works on left just not the right.

Best Answer

Yes I’ve restarted my Fitbit and heart rate is on and I’m also having issues with my Versa watch. Not tracking sleep, tracking exercise properly and meals

Best Answer