Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleeping heart rate

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

It seems that every night my sleeping heart rate is higher than my day time resting. In my sleep score, under restoration, it averages about 50% above, and 50% below. Can someone explain this to me? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hello @Sammy_G and a warm welcome.  I might not have a perfect answer for you.  But I do have some observations for you.

One big thing to note is that your average heart rate from the main heart rate graph is an average over a five minute interval.  The sleeping heart rate graph is in one minute intervals.  Some of the difference just might be math averaging errors.  

My other big observation is that many foods and alcohol affect your heart rate.  So if you eat or drink something close to bedtime, this will affect your sleeping heart rate, especially in the first part of your sleep.  Close to bedtime can mean 2-3 hours before bedtime in the case of some foods.

I hope this gives you some insight to your observations.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you! I did eat dinner later last night than usual and went to bed shortly after. This seems to be an ongoing issue though so maybe it’s your first observation. 

Best Answer
0 Votes