Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Snore feature appeared as available on Versa 2 but doesn't work

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Yesterday, while I was checking my sleep score as usual, I saw a new notification saying that snore and noise detection while asleep is now available. I saw that the feature was paywalled behind the premium subscription, so I started my 90-days trial only to make use of this new feature.

I checked that my microphone was activated before sleep, and in the morning got no result. I had to reinstall the app to see that the info from the new feature shows up in the Rest/Recovery tab, and it says “We couldn't collect enough data. Wear your Fitbit device while sleeping this evening and check again tomorrow morning.”

Can you confirm that this new feature is actually functional?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone.

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback in this thread. Before anything else let me clarify that the Snore and Noise detection feature is available only for Sense and Versa 3 users who have a Premium subscription.

I see where you're coming from about this situation and I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. Let me share that our team has resolved this situation, meaning that this feature should no longer appear on the Fitbit app when using a Versa 2. Your patience and understanding are truly appreciated, and we'll keep working to improve our products, features and services.

See you around.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
39 REPLIES 39

@Unbeknownst   I haven't tried it yet.  I saw a post from another user who said it did work.  The reason for the post was to say that it used 20% of his Versa 3 battery overnight.  The user decided it might be a one week experiment for him.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Thanks for sharing this information. My battery level took no noticeable hit from yesterday to today. But now that you mention huge battery use, the extended info on this feature does say “Make sure you have at least 40% battery.”

I just hope this feature is currently functional as advertised. Paywalling extra and detailed info from the users is one thing, but making a new and exciting watch feature reserved only for the subscribers is pure greed. I hope they abolish Fitbit Premium after the Google integration is complete.

Best Answer

@Unbeknownst   I am going to flag your post to to get a moderator clarify your situation.  All of the tech sites that mention the snore detection say that it is coming out for the Sense and Versa 3.  No site mentions the Versa 2.  I looked at four.  I want to clarify if this is supposed to be released to the Versa 2 or if it an error.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer

Well, they made the Beta Snore Detect App available only on Versa 2 for months (https://gallery.fitbit.com/details/0000140e-0000-4000-8000-000000f17b17), so I wasn't really surprised to see the new notification saying it's now available on my device.

Best Answer

@Unbeknownst   I agree with your observation about the Snore Detect Beta.  Your App Gallery link shows that is available to all Versa 2 users now.  That 2 month timeframe was before the Sense/Versa 3 release.  The Versa 2 was the only device with a microphone.  This is why I am asking for moderator clarification.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Unbeknownst. It's good to see you here in the forums. @LZeeW Thanks for your help and heads up.

@Unbeknownst Thanks for bringing this to our attention, and for your efforts while working on this. I understand that you received a notification and even though the Beta app was available for Versa 2, let me clarify that the Snore and Noise detection feature is available for Sense and Versa 3 users who have a Premium subscription. You can find more about this feature here. I'm sorry for this inconvenience and please know your feedback is truly appreciated as it'll help us to work on our products and features, as well as make Fitbit more useful for you.

Best Answer

Day by day I'm getting frustrated with the decisions your company makes.

If the feature is oh-so-exclusive to your newest watches, why then a cutout notification on my sleep score said that this new feature is available now?

You can see from the screenshots that Fitbit app still claims that my device has this feature. And every day it's telling me to try again tonight.

https://ibb.co/3vJBtzD
https://ibb.co/Tqj198Q

Anyway, I need you to refund me my 90-day trial back. I have hold onto that for 6 months since I got my Versa 2, and I only activated the trial because your App blatantly misled me with a card notification while I was checking my sleep score. The card notification led to info pages saying how this new feature is now available, but only for premium subscribers. I even started my premium trial via this card notification.

Best Answer

I have a Versa 2 and two days ago the snore and noise detector appeared on my sleep tile.  I activated it but have received no data.  My microphone is enabled and it is activated in the settings area of my sleep tile.  I have seen posts which say that only sense and Versa 3 users only have this feature.  I am a premium user.  Why am I not getting any data?  If this is just for sense and Versa 3 users, I find it irritating that it appears on my sleep tile because I would like to use this feature.

Best Answer

According to the following help file it is indeed limited to the Sense and Versa 3. It says:

"With a Premium subscription, turn on the snore and noise detection feature to allow the microphone on your Fitbit Sense or Fitbit Versa 3 to track noise, including snoring from you or someone next to you."

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1314.htm

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi there, thanks for your reply. I saw that after I had received the so called ability to use it. I don’t understand why Fitbit would give you something that you can’t use. I would rather not see it on my sleep tile.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

@Marie59   Your post is the second one that I read where a Versa 2 user got notification of this feature.  A moderator confirmed that the Versa 2 doesn't support this feature.  I notified Fitbit about this error.  I hope there is a fix for you soon.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer
Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Totally agree!! I, too, got the notification on my Versa 2. Turned it on and nothing! No reading. Why send a notification, provide ability to turn feature on, when not available on that phone? Per phone support, not available on Versa 2. Whatttt???Horrible!!! 

Best Answer

Sooooo, is it available to Versa 2 Premium subscribers or not? Received notification, turned on feature, but no reading. Very confusing/confused. Still unclear...... 

Best Answer

Likewize, it didn't work for me on the Versa 2. Sucked up a lot of battery juice so I know it was enabled properly.

Best Answer

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

I've moved some of your posts to this new thread. I'm sorry that the Fitbit app is still showing the snore feature available for your Versa 2, thanks for the detailed information. I understand where you're coming from and because this shouldn't be happening, I've forwarded your posts to our team so they can investigate what may be occurring and work on this situation. Your feedback and patience are truly appreciated, and I'll update this thread once I have more details from them.

@Unbeknownst Thanks for the screenshots provided and in regards to your Premium subscription, I'd recommend getting in touch with our Support team so they can provide you with further assistance. Yo can get connected with them via chat or phone by clicking here. For further instructions on how to cancel a subscription, see this help article.

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah, this was the response I got from the Fitbit Premium Support: https://ibb.co/bsH2TcZ

I will need my 90-day premium trial for a better time in the future, and I was misled by the Fitbit app into activating my trial.

There will probably be some Versa 2 users paying for premium just to get the new feature as advertised.

I started to suspect that Fitbit is a very unreliable company. Will make sure to keep this in mind when I'm recommending smartwatches to other people and considering a new one for myself.

Best Answer

Please be more clear! Is this supposed to work on versa 2 with premium membership?

Best Answer

@RickyBee   This feature is not supposed to work on the Versa 2 at all.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer
0 Votes