Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So many problems with my Fitbit Versa

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have wanted a Fitbit Versa since it came out. I spent months trying to convince my husband that it would be a worthwhile purchase. I have had so many problems with my Fitbit versa that I wish I had never bought it. Here are a few issues that I have come across..

- My phone has not synced in almost 2 months. 

- Does not track my sleeping habits

- Can not get my notifications to work

- I tried to download two apps when I got the watch and they still haven't installed

- My phone does not "light up on its own" (Meaning, I will turn my wrist to try and see the time and nothing happens)

Maybe I am doing something wrong, but I have not been pleased with my purchase at all. There is a part of me that wishes I would have done more research on other fitness trackers. If anyone has any advice on how to fix any of the above issues, please let me know! I think the time has passed for me being able to return the watch. 

Best Answer
56 REPLIES 56

Totally agree the Versa is not fit for purpose, i have had 3 which all died and now they have offered me 25% off of a new one. A joke, having spent £200 just over a year ago.

i have just purchased a Garmin Vivosport, not giving Fitbit anymore of my money.

Best Answer

Wow, thanks for the reply to my post. It is incredible to me that a company
such as theirs cannot admit that they made a faulty/ and failing product. I
used other products they sold and they performed well. If this many people
contact them wouldn't you think you need to change the design to make it
successful? No, they just offer you more of the product and you cannot get
a refund. I mailed mine back to their headquarters. I bought an Apple
iWatch and no problems.

"Continuous effort--not strength or intelligence--is the key to unlocking
our potential." Sir Winston Churchill

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
I hear. Get an APPLE. Totally reliable in every way. Fitbit was an enormous let down and wasted so much of my time. And apparently, many, many others.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes Apple all the way! It syncs with your iPhone so way better. Too many bad stories with Versa and the Fitbit people don’t care, good luck!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Blank screen of death, preceded by erratic problems from changing my clock time to the battery suddenly dropping dramatically and dying out suddenly.  The next day it would operate normally and hold the charge for several days.  Fitbit will not own up to it, but it is likely bad software with many bugs.  Now I am left with no option but to call their tech support and have to complete a replacement process (I had to do this with my first Fitbit-100% batting average is not good for product fails).  It is under warranty but this is my second Fitbit device and both were gifts.  They are designed to become obsolete or stop functioning to spec after 18 months, if you are lucky.  I am going to look at other alternatives.  I had such high expectations for the versa, but am very disappointed in it's performance.  It is a neat product if it would work.  Fitbit needs to get their act together or their brand will start suffering irreversible damage.

Best Answer

Go for a Garmin, battery lasts forever and the stats you get are much better.

Best Answer

MY BROTHER BOUGHT ME AN IWATCH. STILL TRYING TO FIGURE IT OUT AND THE BATTERY DOES NOT LAST.  HOWEVER, ITS FUN TO HAVE “ALL TRAILS” AND OTHER APPS.  However, if the battery continues to last less than a day,, it will be history too.  FIT BIT WAS A TOTAL BUST.

Best Answer
0 Votes

you are right...I liked my previous Fitbit products. I mailed my Versa to
Fitbit Headquarters. I have an Apple watch. works great and mirrors my
phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yea it seems like the versa has a lot of issues... got mine June 2019 worked for about a year then one day the time was off by a few minutes and wouldn't sync. I troubleshot for a day or two and got it "working" or so I thought but it kept losing time... contacted support, they claimed my device wasn't supported (it was) and had been working for months with my phone (upgraded), and got a replacement. I've had the replacement for about a month and a half. Woke up today to the replacement losing time and wouldn't sync... idk what to do now...

Best Answer
I suggest just keep getting replacements under guarantee. Hopefully Fitbit will eventually fix the problems with such constant feedback. Unfortunately for me, mine was a gift and the giver couldn't find the receipt so no chance to follow my own advice above. Good luck.

Sent from my Huawei Mobile
Best Answer

Hi,
I emailed my second one back to FitBit headquarters as they did not want to
refund it as I bought it at Best Buy. I'm a happy Apple iWatch person now,
no problems so far. I liked my other Fitbits but the Versa is a dud. Sorry
to hear of your troubles, they won't refund you I imagine.

Best Answer

My Fitbit Versa died after 13 months. They do not have paid replacement offers. I am also moving to another Smart Watches (may be Samsung Galaxy Watches).

Bye Bye fitbit.

Former Loyal Fitbit Customer.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem.  I bought one for my birthday last year and it lasted approximately 11 months.  Got a replacement in May this year and exactly 6 months after, I got the blank screen of death as well.  While I love fitbit may have to look at another alternative.

I'm wondering because the device was working very good one day and the next, I notice vertical lines along the screen and within 24 hours got the black screen of death.  I take extremely good care of my watch so I am very disappointed that has happened... for the 2nd time.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,
You would think that Fitbit would realize that there is something wrong,
but they do not care. I mailed mine back to their headquarters to have them
look it over and save others from my fate. They never did anything it
seems, so sorry for you. I am an Applewatch person now as it does so much
more than the Versa. Good luck!
Kelley A. Hoolihan

Hi,
so sad to hear of your story. I am still getting messages from my post from
a year and a half ago. I am very happy with my Apple watch, it was not much
more money. It mirrors my iphone so that's my recommendation. Good luck!
Kelley A. Hoolihan

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

Return it for a replacement.  BUT that will take 1-2 months for a replacement.  Mine totally died aft 7 months, still waiting for my replacement.  Unfortunately I don’t think the Versa 3 has all the kinks worked out.  May be time to switch to another brand..  this is my 6th Fitbit.  Wish it worked as good as my ionic did.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the advice. My Versa was a gift and when I asked for the receipt he couldn't provide it! So I've given up in Fitbit as this is my fourth one and all previous ones just stopped working! Pity because the concept and watch physical design is great. But no use if it doesn't work is it?

Sent from my Huawei Mobile
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,
Thanks for your email, but I’ve been an IWatch person for about 3 years.
Very happy as I have an iPhone and everything goes together and there’s an
Apple Fitness App that you can sync to your watch and track your workouts.
I gave up on the Versa and the lack of customer service from Fitbit. I
liked the early models of Fitbit, but the Versa was not a well tested
product and all they offer you is more of the same. Good luck!
--
Kelley A. Hoolihan
Best Answer