Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Edition woven bands ok for workouts?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I read that the classic band comes with the SE watch so that you can switch it out to use for WORKOUTS??  I assumed the SE bands would be ok as long as you don't swim but that make me wonder if even the moisture from sweating is a no-no.  I like the SE bands but don't want to fool with switching each time I do anything that will cause me to sweat.  Insight?

Moderator edit: title for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
28 REPLIES 28

It does seem to be intended for wearing when a smarter appearance is required. Of course, you can wear it for sleep / exercise if you want but fitbit say:

• The materials used in these accessories are intended to be worn during normal daily activity. They are not intended to be worn during high-intensity workouts or sleep, which could affect the overall appearance and quality of the accessory is maintained.

taken from www.fitbit.com/productcare

I guess that's why the include a second, elastomer, band with the special edition

oops: I guess you were editing your post as I was replying!

Best Answer
It might well say that in product care but nowhere on the box or in the sales pitch did it say that. I bought the woven band, at extra cost, as I'm allergic to silicone so thought it would be ideal.
I contacted them with a minor issue and they're saying it's cos I've slept in the band, I'm saying if I can't sleep in it that makes it not fit for purpose. I will end up buying a metal or leather band to resolve it but I don't appreciate their accusation.
Best Answer

I bought nice leather bands on Amazon for 12-15 dollars each.  The slim profile is what I preferred, so I bought two. One for daily wear and exercise, and another for dress-up. I have never used the one that came with the watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got the Fitbit Versa special edition, and I got both the woven band and the normal band.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @narcorn17 It really depends on the workout. If you are going to be getting really sweaty, I'd recommend switching to the normal band. If you get the woven band wet, it is recommended that you remove it and let it dry before continuing to use it. Once you get the hang of changing the bands it very quick and easy. Enjoy your new Versa!

Marci | Bellevue, WA
Best Answer
0 Votes

I also a dissatisfied about the black band, I can't get it changed at all.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It looks like they still have not made any adjustments to the band because mine didn’t fit either. I requested another band. They did send me one. With a lot of broken fingernails between my husband and I, he managed to get it on. When my watch stopped working, they sent a replacement, but guess what? I could not put the band on!!!  I am very disappointed!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nope! It doesn’t matter which angle, it simply does not fit!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
The special addition is impossible to find bands that fit. That is why I
returned the special addition and got The Charge 3 instead. The people at
best buy could not even get them on the watch. Ask for a refund and
exchange it.
Best Answer
0 Votes