Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spotify Not Connecting to My Fitbit Versa 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So I just got my fitbit versa 2, although I am struggling to connect my versa to my spotify account. I am on a premium family account and instead of connecting or giving me any info at all, my fitbit just says I need to make sure my bluetooth is on and that my phone and fitbit are connected, which they are.

Can you please help me out with this. This was A feature I was excited for, and I would love to figure this all out. 

Thanks! 

Best Answer
31 REPLIES 31

@sjwick26 Welcome to the Community. Thanks for the details mentioned in your post. 

I appreciate the troubleshooting tried. I would like you to make sure you've installed and set your Spotify app properly in your Versa 2. If you do but your Fitbit app is showing a message that you need to have a Premium account, please provide me with a screenshot of the message. 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem! Just bought my Fitbit Versa 2 today as well.

I figured it out! On your watch, go to Settings and scroll down to Bluetooth, then down to Restore Music controls and press on the blue word until it says Pair. Then go back to the Spotify app and it should give you the option to 'Let's Go' and select your phone. 

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
Thank you, I am good now
Best Answer

@Jamesrcsmith and @LiliyaG Welcome to the Community. I'm glad to hear that you got it working on your Versa 2. 

Hope you can continue enjoying your watch and using music control 😀

Best Answer
0 Votes

It doesn't work again

Best Answer
0 Votes

I get the exact same issue. Every time I think I've fixed it, it breaks again within a day. Can't find a solution, it's very frustrating.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jamesrcsmith and @Accrfc Thanks for getting back. I appreciate the details mentioned. 

I would like you to make sure you've tried this procedure once again. I've shared it with my team and they will investigate it, as soon as I have more information, I'll make sure to let you know. 

Your understanding and patience is appreciated. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @SilviaFitbit ,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I have tried the actions on your post.

I have managed to work out where the issue is happening, but not how to fix it.

Within the Fitbit Spotify App settings, it keeps switching me back from logged in, to Spotify Free (I have a Premium account). I can log out, log back in and it works for a while, but within a few hours it will happen again.

Not sure if this issue is with the Fitbit Spotify app, or with my Spotify account. All I know for certain is that I do have premium and it works fine on my phone and laptop.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Spotify free.png

Spotify Premium.png

Best Answer

@Accrfc Thanks for getting back. 

I appreciate the details shared and the screenshot. 

I've escalated this post to my team and they've informed me that. We’re aware of it, but may not be able to provide a fix in the immediate future. We'll continue to monitor the situation, and keep our team informed of the impact to you and other customers. We understand that this isn't the resolution you're hoping for, but rest assured we're always working to improve our products.

We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Silvia,

I am having the exact same issue with my Fitbit Versa 2. I have a Spotify Premium account but the Fitbit app on my phone (Pixel 3a) puts my account as Spotify Free and I lose control of Spotify and have to log out and log in every time. It’s extremely frustrating. Please have your team look into the issue.

Thanks,

Shreyas

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Shreyasseshadri ,

I've been having this problem since I bought the FitBit - but I can't see a solution coming anytime soon. I've read SO many forum posts about this issue, and while I can't be 100% sure, it seems to only affect those of us with a Google Pixel phone.

I can't imagine why that would be the case, but if this information could be passed on to your team @SilviaFitbit , it may help to speed up the resolution.

In the meantime, you basically have 3 options; keep logging in and out via the Fitbit Spotify app settings (as per my screenshot above), swap your music subscription service to Deezer or swap your phone to a non-Pixel!

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's not just pixel devices that are having this issue. I have a s10+ and i'm having the same problems.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an S10 and having the same problem. It's so frustrating. I got a premium account so I could run it off my watch but what's the point?! I enc up getting my phone out to log back in again ☹

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Hallsie @queenkala @Shreyasseshadri 

I've just created a new Spotify account with a different email address (you get 3 months free premium when you do so) to see if the issue is with Spotify instead.

I've only been using it for a few hours so far today, however it does seem to work fine with the new account - it's already lasted longer than normal. That suggests that the issue is with our Spotify accounts.

I think there may be something in that, because sometimes when I open the Spotify app on my phone, it starts on offline mode.

I'll update this post later/tomorrow, but if anyone else could try doing this too and let us know whether it solves the issue, that would be really helpful.

If it is with our accounts, we still need to work out how to solve it, but at least we would be able to identify where the problem actually is.

Best Answer

Maybe it disconnects or jams when you use the same Spotify account on another device.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey everyone! I truly appreciate the time you're taking to troubleshoot this and provide us with more details about what you're experiencing. 

Thanks for creating a new Spotify account @Accrfc

I've shared this with my team and I can confirm that they are aware of it and are working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible. We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Please let us know if there's anything we can do to assist you in the meantime.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey Silvia

Only commenting to also add another number to the list that this happens to 😞 I have a Samsung Galaxy s10+ and the Versa 2. I've tried all the things listed in this thread as well as the others. It often will start to work after jumping through hoops, but then shortly after it looks as if I'm logged out of Spotify in the fitbit app on my phone (the screen shots shared match mine) and the app on the watch says no internet and connect to bluetooth (again). It was a major advertising feature of the watch. Incredibly disappointing. 

Unrelated to this thread, but also adding myself the the numbers commenting that text notifications don't show up on the watch either. Yes, I've given all the permissions and sync'd and restarted and uninstalled and reinstalled etc etc etc. 

Best Answer

@gretch9 Welcome to the Community. Thanks for the details mentioned. 

I appreciate the time you took to share your experience with Spotify. Sorry you're experiencing this with your watch and this app. Rest assure that our team is aware of this and working towards a resolution. 

Regarding your inquiry about not seeing notifications, I can confirm that our team is aware of this and working hard to get it resolved. 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm also having a similar problem to gretch9 and a few others on here. 

I just received delivery of my Versa 2 this morning. I'd consider myself pretty tech-savvy, but for the love not money I cannot fathom out how to sync the Versa 2 to my Samsung Galaxy S10. 

As everyone else has said, I also was sold with this feature among others, but it's getting rather frustrating now that it still won't sync!! Help please!!

Moderator edit: Format

Best Answer
0 Votes