Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spotify Not Connecting to My Fitbit Versa 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So I just got my fitbit versa 2, although I am struggling to connect my versa to my spotify account. I am on a premium family account and instead of connecting or giving me any info at all, my fitbit just says I need to make sure my bluetooth is on and that my phone and fitbit are connected, which they are.

Can you please help me out with this. This was A feature I was excited for, and I would love to figure this all out. 

Thanks! 

Best Answer
31 REPLIES 31
I spent weeks trying to fix this. I tried installing apps on both the phone
and Fitbit. I tried restarting the phone and Fitbit. I even took out a
new premium Spotify account, but nothing worked. Eventually left Spotify
and moved to Deezer. Good luck with it.
Best Answer

Didn't you get any help from Fitbit support on here? I'll be pretty p***ed if I can't get one of the main features working, that's advertised, that I've paid £150 for!

Best Answer

@Craig_tommy Welcome to the Community. Sorry for the delayed reply. 

@Accrfc Thanks for your input. 

Thanks for taking the time to share what you're experiencing with your Versa 2. I appreciate the troubleshooting tried prior to posting. I see where you're coming from. 

Please let me know if you're still experiencing this issue and if you're receiving any error message when trying to set up Spotify and Fitbit. 

Keep me posted! 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi guys, 

I have recently upgraded from the versa and purchased a versa 2 based on the fact I could use Spotify, but it doesn’t want to work, works for a few seconds and then cuts out. I have an iPhone 11 and a premium Spotify account. Feels like false advertising if the app doesn’t even work, so frustrating. Any one had any luck getting it to work? 

Best Answer

I have the same problem. Connected my versa 2 with my phone (Samsung galaxy s7 ) logged in in the Spotify app (having  premium acc ) but my versa tells me that I should connect it via Bluetooth with my phone.  But it is ... any conclusions? 

Best Answer

@Peanutsugar @Niinimi A warm welcome to the Community. Thanks for getting in touch about this. 

I appreciate the troubleshooting tried prior to posting. Based in what you mentioned, your Versa 2 is can't communicating with your phone. Please confirm that your watch is syncing to your account by checking the last time it synced to your account, this can be confirmed by tapping on your profile picture > Versa 2 > synced today. 

If it isn't syncing to your account, please follow this syncing troubleshooting

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm frustrated to see this has been an issue for so long. I just got a brand new Versa 2 today and am still having this exact issue. None of the troubleshooting in this thread have helped. Super disappointed. Anyone have any solutions yet?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I went to BlueTooth and but I cant find restore music controls. I'm confused 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think you need a spotify premium acount to be able to listen songs from you watch and you need to connect wireless earbuds or hephones to the watch to use spotify

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem. My phone seems to be synced fine - for example right now when I open the app it says last synced 4 minutes ago. But if I try to connect spotify I just get the message to make sure my phone's Bluetooth is on etc. With no other information.  I do have spotify premium, I've tried the pair music controls- nothing happens, I've looked for my device in spotify it doesn't show up. I've tried just about everything suggested in this thread and whatever tips I can find on the internet but nothing changes.. from this thread I see that this has been a problem is 2019? So are there any fixes to this issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey, I just experienced the same thing too. This was the first discussion of many I found on Fitbit's community forum talking about this issue. And I got really tired of Fitbits tech support/moderators basically saying to everyone "did you try turning it off and back on again?" Yes. We all have. Thanks for the tech advice, grandpa.

Well, I hung in there and I got it to work after six hours (seriously). It's probably a settings issue with your AVRCP on your phone. BUT before you get into that, here are a few things to check first:

(1) You need a Spotify premium account. Here's a helpful tutorial that walks you through setting up your Spotify on your fitbit app.

https://youtu.be/5gubq-oJZAI

(2) You are going to have to check the setting in four places: your fitbit app, your versa 2, Spotify app, and your phone itself.

(3) if you're just trying to get set up, here are the directions when you first turn it on/or factory reset. The Fitbit setup should  automatically connect to your phone via Bluetooth. Go into the Fitbit app > profile picture icon > versa 2. This is the settings page for your device. You should see either the Spotify icon or a music icon automatically because it comes preloaded to the watch. Click the Spotify icon > permissions. Make sure everything is on. Then go to settings. Connect to your Spotify account. It helps to have the Spotify app open in the background. This is glitchy and can take a few tries.

(4) Next, open the Spotify app on your phone back up. Go into settings. You need to make sure two things are turned on: Device Broadcast Status and Spotify Connect in the Background.

(5) now that your Spotify account is linked to your fitbit app and your Spotify app is correctly set to stream a device, it's time to get your watch's Spotify app to correctly pair with your phone so you can control music. First, on your watch, go into settings > bluetooth > restore music controls. Click this until it says "pair." Click the side button to exit settings. Then click the Spotify app on your watch. If the Bluetooth error message that is the subject of this forum is still displaying, then there is probably an issue with your phone' AVRCP.

AVRCP essentially is the type of Bluetooth signal your phone sends to any connected device. AVRCP signals range from 1.0-1.6, which determines the type of data that is transmitted. Most phones are set to 1.4 or 1.5. This is the optimal band for music transmission. However, versa 2 needs the phone to be set to AVRCP 1.6 so Spotify can transmit music controls in addition to the music signal.

(6) I only really know how to change this from an Android platform (sorry iOS friends - but maybe stop giving everyone sh*t for having green text message boxes). Anyways, go into your phones settings and search for developer tools. In developer tools, look for where you can adjust the AVRCP. Set it to 1.6.

(7) Now reboot BOTH your phone and your watch. Do NOT factory reset your Fitbit. Just go into settings and click "shut down." Then, once your phone finishes rebooting, clock the watch's side button to turn it back on.

Open Spotify on your phone and begin playing a song. Then open it on your watch. There might be a few minutes delay, but my Fitbit watch was able to connect to Spotify after this.

Keep in mind that phone updates can automatically change the AVRCP back to something else, so you might have to do steps 6-7 in the future if you loose connectivity. I'm  deeply sorry if this doesn't solve your problem. Hopefully this at least helps you rule out a few common issues.

Best Answer

Just spent over an hour Googling and restarting my watch, logging out of Spotify in the app and in Fitbit. I tried this solution, step by step, and it worked. Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes