Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spotify for Versa Smartwatches

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

If the Versa had Spotify I would be the first in line to buy one. Is Fitbit looking into partnering with Spotify? If not, why not?

Moderator edit: title for clarity

Best Answer
263 REPLIES 263

Same thing happens with my Pixel 3aXL. Are we missing a step?

Best Answer

Oddly enough, without me changing or doing anything, it started working for me this morning. Was playing music on my Note and hit the Spotify app on the watch, controls showed up almost immediately.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here.

I tried it right now and can control my Spotify from my Versa 2. Great. Thanks for the reply.

Oh. And i can control my spotify also when playing on my PCs Webplayer.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is there any update as to when the Spotify app will be available for download on older Versas? Is it going to be part of the firmware roll out that is occurring? Am gutted, bought my versa 1 month ago not realising the versa 2 was coming out. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So can I use Spotify on my versa 2 if I do not have my phone with me? For instance if I am going for a run and do not want to bring my phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

No. It is used to control Spotify on your phone. You have to already be running Spotify on your phone, then hit the Spotify app on the Versa 2, and the controls will come up. Very limited. It is kind of a pain because if you pause a song, walk away from your phone, you have to start playing again on your phone, for your Versa 2 to be able to control it again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You need to have Spotify Premium work work

Best Answer
0 Votes

The versa two needs to have both Spotify running on your phone and watch to use watch as controller. It's basically a $200 remote control. The Alexa commands needs to have Fitbit running in the back ground to use voice commands. Although I haven't been able to get it to work properly. I think I will be returning until they become more advanced. Sorry Fitbit not this time around I either.

Best Answer
0 Votes

All Spotify apps are basically remotes that control an account on their server.. it's the Fitbit app that controls the connection to the internet, without it won't work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's actually the spoifty server account you control, apps either from your phone , computer or versa 2 in this case the versa 2 needs the connection to the app which is providing the internet to your versa 2 that allows it to connect to your spoifty account,this is also the cause for Alexa.. 

Now if they can change the firmware to connect to a Wi-Fi access point with out the app, then the watch would be perfect. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the Fitbit versa, I can’t seem to find the Spotify app in the store. The only Spotify that shows is the “HR for Spotify”. Software has been updated already. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think it's only available for the Versa 2 now, to be rolled out for other trackers later.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

Ahhh, alright. Thanks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have understood it that the app on the versa 2 is only a remote for the music playing on Spotify from your phone. Does that mean that I have to bring my phone with me on a run, for example, and that I can't play music by using bluetooth headphones and the versa 2 only?

(That would be really useful since it is such a hassle to bring my phone with me when I run since I don't have any pockets and have to therefore bring a bag and even if I were to have pockets the phone would be flying around and I would be worried that I were to drop it. This is a feature I would love to see! It is also one of the reasons why I bought the versa 2 because a video I saw told me this was possible and after buying it I watched other videos that said it was not possible) 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is exactly what it means.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@meloxygen unfortunately Spotify app allows only for controlling the app on your phone. It does not allow for download of your playlists directly to Versa. I know it's not the same but perhaps you could preload some of your fave tunes onto Versa (as mp3 playlists) to enjoy your phone free workouts? You could use Bluetooth earbuds with versa then without phone. 

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the clarification and for the tip.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would very much love to have the new Spotify app on my Versa 1.

I just recently bought it and I don’t think that it’s the time to upgrade to Versa 2.

Hope there is a fair reason why.

Best Answer

There's a comment from a moderator in the following thread that says it will be available for the Versa 1 at some point:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Fitbit-App-Gallery/Spotify-amp-Fitbit/m-p/3727712#M9984

Best Answer

Thanks for the link.

I got excited at first but upon reading further, it appears that it would only operate as a remote control.

You will not be able to download playlists to Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes