Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spotify for Versa Smartwatches

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

If the Versa had Spotify I would be the first in line to buy one. Is Fitbit looking into partnering with Spotify? If not, why not?

Moderator edit: title for clarity

Best Answer
263 REPLIES 263

I agree. I have spotify and I absolutely love it. I dont plan on switching.

*spotify for fit bit versa please?!?😅

Best Answer

Spotify is the only thing holding me back from buying the Versa.  If they add Spotify functionality, I'd buy a Versa in a heartbeat.

Best Answer

Just bought the Versa and transferring music today but I do not own a lot of music as I use Spotify. Pandora is not available in Australia and I do not want Deezer as the reviews are terrible. This is not a new request I know but please get Spotify for the Versa, the product will be so much more versatile!

Best Answer

This has been already submitted by another Fitbit user, you can vote for Spotify on Fitbit here:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Spotify-for-Versa/idi-p/2656250

Best Answer

I too would love to see the Spotify app on the Versa.

Best Answer

Hey @ChrisF-Alta, great to see you around.

I think this is a very popular request, please check the link provided in my previous post, vote for the idea and leave your comment.

Keep the stepping up! Man Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

You can control the music playing on your phone with the Versa, including Spotify, I believe the instructions are pg 58 or so in the manual. Hold the back button down, swipe to Music, hit the three dots, pair Versa Classic via bluetooth, and at some point it should start working when you're playing music. It only seems to work with headphones, or at least, not when your phone is paired to a bluetooth speaker. 

Best Answer

Same here!

Best Answer

As a avid runner, group ex instructor, spin instructor, I HIGHLY recommend adding the Spotify app/ compatibility to both the Iconic and Versa watches. Most people in the exercise industry rely on Spotify for their music needs and having this available on your watches would be essential for us! 

Best Answer

Completely agree with this. Love Spotify!

Best Answer

Thank you Woman Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

If this device had Spotify It would be amazing! 

Best Answer

I will upgrade my Fitbit if I can get Spotify on Versa.

Best Answer

I expect you have plenty of company but I have read reaching deals with streaming services is very difficult and expensive.  You can probably find similar requests and vote for it/them on the Feature Suggestions board.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

Please please add spotify app

Best Answer

Pebble was able to control Spotify, ITunes, Pandora. It could basically swtich tracks, pause, start and change volume on a bunch of music apps so I know the technology exists. Especially since Fitbit purchased Pebble. 

Best Answer

Pebble had the ability to control multiple music apps, Spotify being one of them. Could switch tracks, pause,play and change volume so I know the technology exists. Especially since Fitbit purchased Pebble. I was really surprised when I found out I couldn’t control Spotify. That was one of the main things I was looking for. Should have researched more I guess.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey all! Same boat as you - Spotify is probably my all-time favorite app and it would be a no brainer to instantly purchase either the ionic or the versa. However, like someone mentioned before it might not me a Fitbit issue...more of a spotSpo issue. Go on the spotiSp community, register and vote for it to be partnered with Fitbit. There was quite a lot of support from customers over there!!!

Best Answer

There are a lot of threads on this and another isn’t really needed. Better to add your vote to the ones already posted on the Features suggestions section here

Best Answer

I believe in order to stay relevant with music, Fitbit needs to add Spotify. Pandora is not the most popular music source anymore. People like me pay for subscriptions to Spotify and will not open up a subscription for another music provider when already paying (and enjoying) another.  Is a great feature but with limited options it becomes useless

Best Answer