Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spotify for Versa Smartwatches

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

If the Versa had Spotify I would be the first in line to buy one. Is Fitbit looking into partnering with Spotify? If not, why not?

Moderator edit: title for clarity

Best Answer
263 REPLIES 263

Please bring Spotify to the Versa!!!  I see a lot of others looking for the same app!  Please update so we can use our Spotify subscription without having to add another subscription on. 

Best Answer

@5KB wrote:

Please bring Spotify to the Versa!!!  I see a lot of others looking for the same app!  Please update so we can use our Spotify subscription without having to add another subscription on. 

Please add your vote here where it will gain more traction.

Best Answer

I also purchased the Versa thinking Spotify would be an added on app. I have never used Pandora and I have no clue what the app Deezer is about, and I dont care to subscribe to another music service. I have the premium Spotify subscription, would be amazing if they partnered, would make things easier. 

Best Answer

Hey guys! I hope you are doin' great today! 🙂 

I totally agree with you my friends, it'd be really cool if the Fitbit Versa, which is already great, worked with Spotify to make it even more awesome. So I urge all of you guys to leave your vote and comments in this suggestion that my friend @AlejandraFitbit already posted. 

And if you have further questions or comments, let me know! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

Spotify control works just fine. It's a tedious process but this is how it works. I tried helping a Samsung S8+ user with my findings and tests, but a moderator thought he should leave my information out of this thread: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Versa/Unable-to-control-Music-in-my-Versa/td-p/2694300/jump-to/first.... Original thread:  https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Versa/Music-control-using-Versa-and-S8/m-p/2694497#M16426 (makes you realize why fitbit support is pretty useless).

Make sure you have bluetooth on your watch to On in settings>bluetooth connection settings, then pair to Versa Classic on your phone bluetooth settings. Yes, you will need to be connected to both Versa and Versa Classic. Then, play something in Spotify or your music player on your phone. Hold your left button on your watch and swipe to music controls to the left. Tap the ... (three dots in the left corner) and switch from your watch to your phone for music playback. You should see it pop up.

For everyone else having problems where this is happening and you are using Bluetooth headphones connected to your phone, play the song from any choice of your music players (Spotify  Pandora, Music etc) first without connecting to the Bluetooth headphones, and it will pop up and work. Then, connect your Bluetooth headphones via your Bluetooth settings by tapping on them manually to connect.

If your Bluetooth headphones have already auto connected to your phone before music playback has started on your phone, you will probably run into this problem over and over again - I know this because I've read majority of your comments about this annoyance and repeated these steps on my Note 8 and Apple Airpods flawlessly for the connection to work; simply, manually disconnect your Bluetooth headphones from Bluetooth settings by tapping them in menu and they will disconnect, play your song and your Versa Classic will become the priority connection. Then, reconnect your headphones by tapping them again in Bluetooth settings menu.

This is the bug. It's fighting our headphones to be first place for music playback; when the Versa connection is second for playback, it won't recognize the music on our phones until you move it back up to first place above your Bluetooth headphones in the connection order before playback. It sounds really dumb, and it is. Fitbit needs to fix this.

I also tested this bug in having my phone paired to my car Bluetooth. Versa fights the connection of the media playback of the car, so if you are connected to Bluetooth of the car first, the Versa controls won't work, just like above; however, if the phone is connected to the Versa first during playback, then the car playback controls cease to function. This is a very big problem. My Pebble Time Steel, Gear S3, and Ticwatch E have no issue with the Bluetooth of my car or Airpods.

Fitbit needs to take this bluetooth problem seriously 

Best Answer

when is FitBit getting spotify? I love my fitbit Versa and I love my spotify music. Please, I want to have the best of both worlds together!

Moderator Edit: Format.

Best Answer

Hi @AshleyRizzo,

We don't know, but if you add your vote at the link below, Fitbit will take note.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Spotify-for-Versa/idi-p/2656250

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer

How can Fitbit not have Spotify??! Cmon people, let's integrate the app and continue enjoying all the cool features Fitbit is known for... Do we need to start a GoFundMe#Spotify campaign...   : @)

Best Answer

I talked to a Fitbit rep. today in a store and asked about Spotify on Versa. The response was “Spotify will NEVER be on the  Versa. Spotify has signed an exclusive contract with Samsung.”

Would have ave been nice if a Fitbit spokesperson has said that here instead of misleading through silence. 

Best Answer

Thx Jimtowner... 

Disappointing for sure! 

I'll need to warn families and friends that are fans of Spotify! I just created a Pandora free trial.. not happy...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jimtowner, well if that's the case (which is plausible) then it is the same situation as with Spotify and Xbox - Spotify used to have exclusive deal with Sony, so Sporify launched on Xbox only recently, after 3+ years...

Best Answer
Pandora sucks...and you have to have the paid Pandora subscription to use in the versa.

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

When will Spotify be available for  the Versa its ludicrous that only deezer is available, how even uses deezer? 

Best Answer

Hello everyone, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have brought this to my attention. We really appreciate our members's input and feedback and I would like to thank you for yours. Our team is always looking to improve the Fitbit experience and I would like to encourage you to check @erinleigh417's suggested idea to implement Spotify support in the Fitbit Versa. Feel free to add your vote and comment to this idea, this is truly the best way to make your voice heard and get the attention from our development team. 

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

There's quite a bit of feedback happening on that feature suggestion post - any response from the development team?

Best Answer

Hello @fyr_flower, I hope you're doing well, thanks for joining the conversation. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the forums. Please note that this feature has been heavily requested and once we have more information about it, we'll make sure to provide updates in the forums and in the Feature Request boards. 

Thanks for your enthusiasm, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

If Fitbit would partner with Spotify for the Versa the watch would be perfect.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer

Spotify would be a great choice. Fortunately you can vote for it here.

“Just keep swimming,Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming”- Dory
If you find my answers helpful, Vote for them and accept them as the Solution!
Ionic | Charge 2 | iPad 2017 running iOS 12.1.2 Beta
Best Answer

A warm welcome to the Community @Di98 and @supersmart01234 thanks for stopping by.

I think that it would be awesome to have Spotify for Fitbit Versa and agree with our friend here. Take a look at the Spotify for Versa request, vote for it and leave your comment. I hope this can be implemented soon.

Happy stepping. Robot Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

I have been an avid fitbit user and have been with Spotify since the first year.   Would love to see the versa compatible with Spotify.  

Best Answer