Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spotify for Versa Smartwatches

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

If the Versa had Spotify I would be the first in line to buy one. Is Fitbit looking into partnering with Spotify? If not, why not?

Moderator edit: title for clarity

Best Answer
263 REPLIES 263

It seems that several have requested Spotify for Fitbit for about a year or so.

I am discovering Fitbit and Spotify missing from the media options was quite disappointment. I have no interest towards downloading music through my laptop into Versa, as I do not have saved music anymore. I reckon that thats more or less dying option thanks to cloudservices. One rather useless feature what I discovered from fitbit was "women's health" app. It makes me question where the information is being shared, as fitbit can save this kind of information for other purposes and sell it for thrid parties. In my country GDPR -law has been loud and clear, thus my personal concern towards the topic. I personally would have appreciated more other kind of tools and apps as a former Polar -user.

Compared to Polar, Versa has quite a long journey in my eyes before I would consider it equally as good as Polar or Suunto. If Versa is aiming to stay on the entertainment side more rather than to be considered as pro-sports watch, then adding Spotify and other value bringing sports apps would definately raise it's value among consumers.

Best Answer

I am told that Spotify is not compatible with the new Versa. This is totally not acceptable to me. Can I return the Versa to Best Buy. Will not be pushed into Pandora.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you purchased the Versa from Best Buy and are within the return window and have a receipt, you should be able to return it.

As for Fitbit, if you purchased directly from their Fitbit Store, you have 45 days to return it for any reason.

Spotify has been requested in the Feature Suggestions forum area. You might want to cast a vote for it.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

Fitbit needs to add Spotify, it's the largest music streaming service, it's odd that they would partner with Deezer before Spotify...

Best Answer

I agree. I did not choose deezer because several users had cancellation and payment problems. I chose to try Spotify and so far I got nothing negative to say. Personally I consider that the "family account" -option made it even better. Perhaps cooperation between Fitbit and Spotify is too expensive, or there are other existing cooperations that block theirs? I really don't know. Thoughts or opinions?

Best Answer

I was really interested until I saw that Spotify wasn’t an option. I have voted as per the link. Here’s hoping 

Best Answer

Hey folks! I hope you are doin' great. 🙂 

I can see that a lot of you are very interesting to see Spotify available on the Fitbit Versa. I include myself, 'cause I would really love to see this feature to make the Versa even more awesome! Our team still looking for other music streaming options to further meet the needs of the users outside the U.S. but do not have any details to share at this time. So please keep leaving your votes and comments in this idea. And if I have updates, I will certainly post them here. 😉 

Have a nice day! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

Can someone at fitbit please read the lefsetz blog and realize the tragedy they are creating by not having technology sync with streaming music services in 2018.  Fitbit is going to lose the watch race full stop.

Best Answer

Please partner with Spotify for the Fitbit Versa, I have a premium account and don’t want to pay for Deezer. I tried the Deezer pairing but it wasn’t by activate and the app on my phone doesn’t even work great. Spotify has much better music!

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer

i agree

Best Answer

Agreed!

I use Spotify EVERYDAY and it is definately a popular item everyone would be excited to have.

Best Answer

A warm welcome to the Community @scrappydoll@Gido and @Leiryfish thanks for stopping by.

I know that it would be great to implement Spotifiy for Versa. Please take a look at the Spotify for Ionic/Versa request, vote for it and leave your comment. I hope this can be implemented soon. In the meantime, keep in mind that you can always use the music control feature.

Keep the stepping up! Smiley Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

agreed!! i also use my spotify premium account every single day 🙂 

Best Answer

Yes! Spotify and Fitbit need to partner i have used Spotify for so many years and i already have premium and prefer Spotifyso much more!

Best Answer

Hey guys! @AndrewH01 an @VernonBCgyy, welcome aboard! Thanks for posting. I understand you. It'd be great that Spotify was released to work with Fitbit watches, as Versa. Definitely a really great and helpful addition. So as I always say, please review this idea Spotify for Ionic/Versa and leave you vote and comments there. I'm pretty sure that our team will take a look at it. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Best Answer

@HeydyF

Wait, so what you're really saying is, Fitbit is not looking for a way to reach an agreement with Spotify then. 

That's a wrap everyone, they've abandoned Spotify on their platform as a possibility. I'm definitely not going to upgrade to a different Fitbit then, time for Apple to eat your lunch Fitbit, sorry. 

Edit: mention

Best Answer
0 Votes

How are you @acidreflux! No, I have never said that. What I said is that our team is aware of this request that so many users have done and for sure they have taken a look at it, however, we as moderators don't know if this is gonna be released and if so, when. So in the meantime, I can only direct you guys to our Feature Suggestions board, where you can find the idea that has been posted along this thread and check that out for updates. 

Let me know if you have further questions! 

Best Answer

Please add Spotify as an app compatible to Fitbit Versa! No-one in Europe uses Deezer. Best regards Amanda

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer

I was looking for a new activity tracker, and had settled on the versa until I thankfully read one of the reviews that mentioned the lack of support for Spotify.

Deezer or Pandora?  Wth? Hard pass.  Guess I have to go back to searching.

Best Answer
0 Votes

There's a very popular feature suggestion to add Spotify. If you'd like to add your vote you can find it here: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Spotify-for-Ionic-Versa/idi-p/2171901

Best Answer