Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spotty notifications with Samsung S10+ and Versa

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I understand that the Samsung S10 series is not currently a supported device for Fitbit, yet; however, going through all the forums, I've been seeing the same response from Fitbit since early March. That it is not a supported device, Fitbit is always adding new devices and that we should vote to show that this phone needs to be included in the supported devices. This is ridiculous. Just look at all the posts about it in the last couple months and Fitbit should know it should be a supported device. Plus this is the newest phone in this series, so why wouldn't it automatically be considered. I'm wondering if Fitbit is even working toward making the Samsung S10+ compatible? No one can say if they are even working on it or when they expect this to be done. Why can't we get some kind of update in over 2 months other than we need to "vote". 

My problem is that I can get my Versa to connect to my Samsung S10+ and I can sometimes get notifications and then all of a sudden it stops for no reason. I can be sitting in the same spot, the same distance from my phone and one minute can get a notification and the next not. I'll have to restart the devices and Bluetooth and then things will work again for a short period of time and then stop again. I've gone through all the help documents and suggestions and nothing seems to resolve this issue. Has anyone else had this experience and found a way to keep the Versa and Samsung S10+ connected? Thanks! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

@shannonv1 honestly I am surprised it doesn't work as S9+ seems to have no issues. Have you tried this:

1. Unpair (remove) Versa from your phone's bluetooth settings
  2. Uninstall the Fitbit mobile app
  3. Reboot your phone and install Fitbit mobile app. Do not pair in your phone's bluetooth settings
  4. Reboot your Versa by pressing and holding the left and bottom right buttons until Fitbit logo flashes
  5. Login to Fitbit mobile app
  6. Grant all permissions and sync.
  7. Make sure Fitbit mobile app is not being optimized by Android in phone's Battery Settings

The trick here is to not pair in phone Bluetooth settings but rather let the Fitbit mobile app do that. 

Additional tips if sync issues persist: If you have Wifi set up, go to Fitbit mobile app and remove it, then sync your Versa. I noticed that it causes issues for me. If you have other Bluetooth devices paired with your phone, forget them. One of them might be causing issues. Also, make sure Always Connected and All day sync are enabled. You can also try locking fitbit app in the background by screen pinning. Please google how to do that.

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same issue with my blaze when I upgraded to Samsung s10.  I switched my messaging app to messages+ and after weeks of trying everything else...IT WORKED!

Best Answer
0 Votes

this happens to me too! In a FB group I am in several people have S10 and versa 2 and have no problems. I wonder why that is? Fitbit needs to get rolling on this or they will lose some customers. Should have went with a galaxy watch!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Every.Single.Day.

Best Answer
0 Votes