Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starbucks App won't sync with my card-Versa

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

Received a Fitbit Versa for Father's Day. At this point, my Microsoft Band 2 was being held together with electrical tape (literally) and I guess my family thought it was time for a change.

Worried about the compatibility of my Windows Lumia 950XL (and no interest in switching up anytime soon) but the Versa synced wonderfully. The trick for most of the sync issues relates to making sure that it runs in the background constantly (changes to notifications, notifications and actions, and battery usage by app). The app itself is better than the MS Health app, actually.

If I were to sum up my short experience with the Versa so far, I would call it the Casio of Smartwatches - and that is not **ahem**ing it with faint praise. It is a great smart watch.

The one worry I have is that something as simple as my Starbucks App won't sync with my card. It's so weird. I have reset the phone, the watch, the app. Everything. But everytime I input my Starbucks card, it still doesn't register on the watch. 

Now, I'm in Canada, I'm not sure if that makes a difference, but I can't seem to find the problem anywhere else in the forum about this. Which leads me to think that the fix is pretty simple - I'm just not able to find it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for making a great watch.

Moderator edit: added label

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi there @ulyssesred, great to see you again in the Fitbit Community. I was happy to read you are happy with your Fitbit Versa. I'm pretty sure the electrical tape was the signal it was time for a new watch Robot Very Happy

I saw you are experiencing issues with your starbucks card and you did good to try to restart your phone and watch to address this issue. Canada is one of the available regions to use your starbuck card, so this should not be a problem.

I'm wondering if you have tried to remove the card and re-add it again? Perhaps the following help article will give you some additional help: How do I set up and troubleshoot apps on my Fitbit watch?

If the issue continue try to uninstall and reinstall the Starbucks app from your Versa and try again.

Hope this helps and let me know how it goes.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well,

Resetting the watch app and the watch didn't work.

Resetting the phone app, watch app, watch and phone didn't work.

Resetting the phone app, watch app, factory resetting the watch and phone didn't work.

So I came to accept that it wouldn't work.

The weather app is finicky, too - but we won't delve into that here.

Then suddenly, this morning (literally this morning - I tapped on the watch app by accident when turning on Deezer for my workout) the barcode shows up!

I don't know what did it, but now it works.

So, as a solution, persistence pays off.

Thanks for making a great watch, Fitbit. And the desktop and phone app are awesome, too.

Best Answer