Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Step count and sync problems.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Counts steps while sitting. E.g. tells you 25 steps required this hour then 5 mins later it says well done  completed when I haven't moved. Have seen others getting replacements. Went to the store to ask they say I need a reference number from Fitbit  how do I get it?

Also using a Samsung Galaxy J3 2017.I know it hasn't been tested yet but all was working fine, notifications for Facebook, what's app, messages, phone calls etc all going to my watch. Had a software update in the Samsung service centre and now the fitbit won't sync to the phone and has Bluetooth connection issues. Is there something not set up correctly with the phone app or is it the new software.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

With unsupported phones an update to phone or tracker will often interrupt the connection between them. When this happens, as the phone is not supported, no one is working to fix the problem. The best you can do is work through the suggestion in THIS Help Article on syncing problems.

A wrist worn tracker counts steps by counting movements of your arm, so if you are sitting and moving your arm it is normal for the tracker to think you are taking steps. This is just the way wrist worn trackers work and is not a defect. The number of steps is generally insignificant compared to the daily total.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer