Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps aren't being tracked accurately

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So I woke up this morning and I already had over 9000 steps and now that I am walking around its not counting accurately ... And this isn't the first time. It happened a few days last week, was better over the weekend, and started again Tuesday.

My Versa was not near a fan or any other vibrations. It doesn't matter if it's charging or not. And I believe the firmware is up to date. 

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hey @jestrina, it is great to see new faces around! Sounds weird that your Versa tracked over 9,000 steps while you were sleeping. Let me ask you this, do you have the correct timezone settings on your Fitbit account? I'm asking because maybe those were your step from the day that just reset at a different time. If this isn't the case, then I would suggest you to restart your Versa by following these instructions to avoid it from happening again. And remember that you can log a driving activity to negate the extra steps if you'd like to. 

Now, if it sometimes not accurately recording your steps, I'd like to ask you in which hand are you using your Versa, on your dominant or on your non dominant hand? In the meantime, please take a look at this explanation about how Fitbit devices, specially wrist devices, track steps. 

I'll be looking to your reply! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the reply.... Unfortunately none of that is the case.

It tracked over 20000 steps yesterday and never left my dresser. Same place as before and no vibrations. Screenshot_20180715-192743_Fitbit.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply my friend @jestrina! In this case I'd like to ask you, was there a fan or anything that may have been buzzing or vibrating on the same surface that the Versa was placed on? If so, I'd like you to place your Versa on a different surface without any vibrations and see if the issue persists. And if so, please let me know. 😉 

I'll be around! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes