Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stopped working after swimming in a pool

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello! The other day I went swimming in a pool in the evening I had wanted to check my versa data and the display would not work. It showed 0% battery. I charged it to 100%, the display went on but the touchscreen didn’t function. I’ve tried restarting it. It doesn’t work. When I went into the pool i selected the exercise of swimming, wanting to be tracked and thinking is blocks the water like the Apple Watch. I love my Versa so much, but this is so sad... please help, I need my watch back

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @GabrielaHoanca, thank you for your reply. I am sorry for the delayed response. 

I appreciate your efforts to resolve the issue and sharing the additional details. I've sent your case to our Support team so they can assist you further and provide a solution. Please keep an eye on your inbox.

I'll be around if you need further assistance.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @GabrielaHoanca.

I am sorry to hear the display on your Fitbit Versa stopped working after you went swimming. I understand how you're feeling as you love your watch and would like to continue using it. Thank you for your efforts to resolve the issue by doing a restart. I recommend changing the clock face (switch to a Fitbit clock face you're using the third party clock face). 

If the issue still persists, I recommend doing a factory reset. Please note that you'll need to reinstall any apps on your device after the reset, and if you couldn’t sync your device, then any data on the Fitbit device will be lost. In order to do the factory reset, please do the following:

1. On the watch, hold all three buttons for about 10 to 12 seconds.
  2. When the Fitbit logo disappears, quickly release the bottom right button, continuing to hold down the left and top right buttons (releasing the bottom right button as soon as the logo disappears is time sensitive). 
  3. When the device vibrates, release all buttons. 
  4. Wait for approximately 1-2 minutes while the device clears all data. Eventually, the Fitbit logo appears and the device boots and displays Fitbit.com/setup.
  5. Once the Fitbit.com/setup screen appears, open the Bluetooth settings on your phone and unpair the watch from the list. Then, please set up the watch back to your account with the instructions on this link: How do I set up my Fitbit device? 

Let me know how it goes, I'll be around!

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello Liliya!

Thank you for your reply, unfortunately my versa doesn't restart.

I've charged it for more than 7 hours and it got really hot. But nothing appeared on the screen.

I'we tried restarting it as you said but nothing is going on, I even made a vide showing me pushing the restarting buttons for one minute straight. If you give me an email address I can send it to you.

Thank you,
I'm looking forward to hearing from you!
Gabriela

Trimis de pe iPhone‑ul meu
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @GabrielaHoanca, thank you for your reply. I am sorry for the delayed response. 

I appreciate your efforts to resolve the issue and sharing the additional details. I've sent your case to our Support team so they can assist you further and provide a solution. Please keep an eye on your inbox.

I'll be around if you need further assistance.

Best Answer

I am having the same issue as well. I went swimming and now my Versa won't turn on. I tried charging it, but it just got hot and no screen appeared. I've tried the factory reset suggestion, but also nothing happens. Not sure what to do next. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having this problem to. I think it might be the double chlorine. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well that stinks. I've worn it many times in the pool with no issues. Tried drying it out in rice for a week and still not working. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm curious if FitBit had a solution for you or if they just said that is was an uncontrollable circumstance. Were you in warranty? I really didn't get much help from FitBit support other than to say that dust, sweat, and temperature could be uncontrollable circumstances that led to my device failure. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve also got the same problem, did you get it sorted ?  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had a dead versa 3 after swimming for  over a week and customer service has done nothing for me. When I reach out to check the status it's just "we are still researching your warranty claim". I finally come to look in this forum for guidance and I just see dead versa after dead versa from swimming. So frustrating, I rely on my Fitbit for a lot of things and being without over a week makes me lose faith in a company I've been with since 2016.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi I messaged them on my Fitbit app, where it says Help & Support, chat and they sorted right away

Sent from Outlook for iOS<>
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I used chat and they sorted v quickly. Go onto your Fitbit app, help and support. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you, I'll reach out again. I've contacted chat twice, but both times I did not reach a resolution.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I reached out to support for the 3rd time and this is what they said:

"Your case is in queue with the others that are being reviewed by the Warranty team and I have expedited it and they will send you the email immediately after checking it."

We will see what happens. I'm hoping for resolution soon. I'm very close to moving to another company over this.

Best Answer
0 Votes