Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suddenly turn to Black screen

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I wore my fully charged versa in the morning but suddenly around 10:30 am, it stopped working. I thought no battery, so I left it charged again until 4 pm. I could not get it to start again.  I tried to revive according to what I had read. Not working. Called customer support, they offered me a 20% discount to get a new device. I am really unhappy. It is only about 1.5 years. Any way to get it back to work?

Best Answer
0 Votes
12 REPLIES 12

I have a similar problem.  I can get a blue screen, but blank.  My alarm still goes off, but I can’t turn it off because there is no “button” to push. Initially, thought it was no longer holding a charge- battery was running out within 1 day, but even when pulled directly from charger, no screen available. Rebooted, but no improvement.  These are not inexpensive.  Hate to have to replace it every year or two! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have also had this problem. I first noticed about a 1.5 months ago my watch stopped syncing with the app and then one day after a morning run, I went to put my watch on after a shower and it had a black screen.. I got my flatmate to bring the charger to work, left it on charge all day, and still the same thing... I've tried all the resets available even factory one and the back light is there but no display of anything.. Not even the logo comes up with a hard rest..! This watch was only just over a year old when this happened and as you say expensive... Its disappointing as I've been with fitbit so long now id hate to have to go to a rival just to get a product that is reliable...

How have you fixed your problem? @Fitbit can you shed light on what happens from here...?! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
No clue. I just ordered a new one from Amazon and included a 3 year warranty on the order. I’ve generally liked my Fitbit products, but they are pricey to replace every 1-2 years.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I feel upset and angry. Versa is not cheap, and only for one-year-ish life that made me angry.
Best Answer
0 Votes
It is not inexpensive, and I have tried to revive it, no luck yet. One friend suggested leaving it one week to drain the battery, and if I am lucky, maybe it will come back to life? If it doesn't, I am planning to purchase a more durable one. It is for my health, not angry. The sad is I have been a Fitbit customer since 2015.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine has done all these things. I got it Christmas before last and have had 0 problems til recently. I came on to help/communities and see similar things.

I've reset this watch several times a day. I just quit wearing it when not only was time off by an hour but an hour and 23 minutes, for example. It became a picture band on my wrist.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I still try to reset every now and then without charge it. still black though. this is the third day.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I just woke up this morning with the same problem. I thought it was the battery too so I put it on the charger. No go. Researched Fitbit site, etc. Then I went into settings on my watch, went to "About",  and "Shutdown" to turn watch off. Cleaned back sensors while it was off. Restarted by holding down all three buttons at the same time for about 15 seconds. Put back on charger. Went into phone settings, turned off bluetooth for a few minutes and turned back on. Went into fitbit app on phone and did a setup like it was a new phone. This worked. Hoping it will last another 1.5 years before messing up again.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I’ve had mine for about that long as well. Believe it was a Christmas present two years ago. It seems like all of the Fitbit’s stop working after a year or two.
Best Answer
0 Votes
That sounds like something to try. Thank you!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, me too. I went ahead and ordered a new one because even IF I can get screen back, the battery isn’t holding a charge very long.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes - that is why I got the 3 year warranty this time.
Best Answer
0 Votes