Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swimming with Versa....have you? Can you?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Has anyone used versa whilst swimming? Seeing some mixed and confusing messages online. The sales plus is water resitstant for up to 50meters but fitbit moderators saying this is water resistant not waterproof and not to use it whilst swimming?? I would love to use it and want to make sure i wont ruin it. Is it a marketing plug or has anyone tried and tested? No smart arse answers just helpful please thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
88 REPLIES 88

Hi CaptainsChairwo,

You can take your versa into the water. According to Fitbit's website, The Versa is swim-proof up to 50M.

https://www.fitbit.com/shop/versa scroll down and in the features tab it says, "Swimproof & Tracks Swims

Water resistant to 50M for wear in the pool or rain. Tracks laps, duration and calories burned during swim workouts."

Best Answer
0 Votes

DON’T use it in the pool. We have an above ground swimming pool, not even 6 feet deep. My daughter wore hers I. The pool before with no issues. She was just sitting on the ladder today and it apparently took on water. It won’t turn on and I can see water in the back by the heart sensor. We have her Fitbit sitting in a bag of rice now. If it doesn’t dry out, I’ll be checking in the warranty on Monday. She’s had it just over a year & I bought the extended warranty, but I’m not hopeful. (No, it doesn’t have any cracks or damage to it. The casing is and always has been completely intact.)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi! 

I swim with my Fitbit all the time , as long as you let it dry out after before charging it again you shouldn’t have a problem 

Best Answer

She didn't charge her watch. She walked out of the pool near tears because it suddenly stopped working after having worn it in the pool all last summer and previously this summer.

I tried to zoom in on the sensors. You can clearly see the moisture and water that got inside.

IMG_3006.JPG

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have used mine about 3 times swimming and then one day after a swim a got really hot on my wrist so I took it off and then it didn't work after that and I had to have it replaced so I'm a little wary about swimming but I bought it for that purpose so I'm going to continue to try

Best Answer
0 Votes

I swim with mine - it has a swimming lap counter on it that works very well as far as I can tell. I compared it to another lap counter I had and they were identical. I wouldn't dive to the bottom of the pool with it, but if they have a swim exercise function that seems to be a big go ahead for me. I don't pay that much attention to the heart rate which is what some have complained about.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I use it on the shower, on the ocean and on the pool multible times and no problem at all. Just remember to clean with fresh water after use in ocean or pool.

Best Answer
0 Votes
We submitted our claim regarding water in our Fitbit Versa on the Asurion website on July 4th. Initially, the claim was rejected because they said the smartwatch should not have been worn in the water. They finally approved the claim & had us mail them the watch. As of July 27, I have not received the watch back, nor any reimbursement to purchase a new watch (as SquareTrade often does within hours of filing a claim). Despite Fitbit saying it is okay to wear the watch in the water, I would not intentionally do this again. The watch had been worn while swimming for more than a year before we had this issue. It didn’t have any damage to it. Still, water got inside. I understand that many of you wear your Versa to track laps without any problems. Through July 3rd, that had been us as well.
Best Answer

Hi There,

I have just brought a fitbit versa primarily for swimming, I have used it several times and its really good, there is no issues at all with it being waterproof, you won't ruin it, it also tracks how many lengths you have done ( you have to put in the pool length) and also tells you how many calories you have burnt.

I love mine!

Best Answer

I swim with mine as well. I didn't put in a pool length, but it is very
accurate so I am guessing it senses when I turn.

--

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I swim and do water aerobics in mine. However, I've had to have it replaced several times and just purchased new one. After a while it just stops working. The last one I replace the display went dark and would not come on. I'm not sure if it due to being in the water. It works well for over a year and then I have problems.  I've had them replaced and they work for a while and then stop.

I hope this is helpful.

Best Answer

Hi there, My Mum has a fitbit Versa. She swam with it on holiday and came back and the screen stopped working all together. Is it fully waterproof or just splash resistant??? Please can we have this cleared up. Many thanks 

Best Answer
The Fitbit is waterproof and just swimming with it should not have caused any problems. I had my first Fitbit Versa replaced within the first 90 days. I incurred the same problems with the second Fitbit. I found the Fitbit customer service personnel the worst customer service department that I have ever dealt with. I personally would never buy another Fitbit and couldn't recommend the Fitbit Versa to anyone. I will say my wife has another model Fitbit (she doesn't swim with it) and it has performed well. My complaints are primarily with what I consider the poor customer service with a product that was not even 90 days old and the failure of the replacement product. The replacement also failed within 90 days.
Best Answer

I went swimming with mine yesterday and now it keeps vibrating and telling me I have no notifications and flashing onto ‘run’ ??? I’m going to give it a few days see if it settles but I won’t be swimming with this one again!

Best Answer

This is all pretty disturbing for a device that has a SWIMMING app! I have used mine about 4 times with no trouble- just doing laps, nothing deeper than 4 feet. Is Fitbit replacing these units?

Best Answer
0 Votes
My only comment is that Fitbit Customer Service is an oxymoron. They have the worst company service department that I have ever dealt with in my very long life. For all who think it is just sour grapes I will say that my wife has a Fitbit (not a Versa) and has not had any problems with it and used it for many years with success. I wish I could say the same. Customer service told me that they could not refund my purchase since I had not purchased it directly from Fitbit, but through a retail store. Needless to say, I have never heard a reputable company tell me that I had to take their crappy product back to the retailer that I purchased it from. IT gave me a lot of confidence in their products if they were unwilling to stand behind them.

I had another fitness device that I liked very much but they found a problem with it and did a complete recall of the device and paid everyone the full manufacturer's retail price, regardless of what you paid for it. I had problems with mine whether I swam with it or not. The lap count was incorrect, and I had adjusted it for the correct size pool. I could not an accurate sleep record and continually had problems reading my heart rate even when I was not exercising.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I do like my versa but this is something they need to fix. If I was into swimming I’d buy a different brand (I only took my kids for a splash about and literally forgot to take it off). Luckily I’m into running and gym so I don’t need it to track swimming. Nevertheless, for a watch with a swim app it’s a bit of a let down. Maybe that’s why it says ‘water resistant’ not ‘waterproof’ but why have the swim app? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

agreed! if there is a swim app that should speak for itself. It should also be covered no matter where you purchased it as long as it was new. 
--

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

I swim a little over a mile four times a week with no problem. Remember, a meter is 1.09 yards, so that's quite a dive. So don't sweat it!

Best Answer

Yes. I'm about to send back my SECOND model for a replacement. 2 replacements in six months! Ridiculous. I asked if I could have something else, but the answer was no. I've been with Fitbit for many years, but I'm done. I'll never take this new Versa swimming again, and once it dies again, I'm switching to Samsung or something else. These prices are ridiculous for this shoddy quality. 

Best Answer
0 Votes