Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swimming with Versa....have you? Can you?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Has anyone used versa whilst swimming? Seeing some mixed and confusing messages online. The sales plus is water resitstant for up to 50meters but fitbit moderators saying this is water resistant not waterproof and not to use it whilst swimming?? I would love to use it and want to make sure i wont ruin it. Is it a marketing plug or has anyone tried and tested? No smart arse answers just helpful please thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
88 REPLIES 88
There is definitely a problem with the Versa when used for swimming. Fitbit's customer service is an oxymoron. Obviously the company doesn't think much of their product or they would accommodate their customers. It makes me think there is a far bigger problem than they are willing to admit and it would cost too much to replace it for those that have problems.
Best Answer

My first Versa counted my lengths/laps perfectly the first time I used it. Then it broke later that day and I had to get a replacement from Fitbit. Been too scared to try the new one.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes you can according to the help file: See https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1598/

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been swimming with mine for over two years with no problem except for the virus delay. It is not too accurate but tends to cheat on the plus side. I am an 81 year old ex competitive swimmer/life guard etc. At my age the little cheat is a gift. Still do a mile and a quarter 4 times a week. Happy swimming!!!!!!!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had my Fitbit Versa Lite for a couple of months. I have been using it in the pool but it died yesterday. I think it’s from the water. They’re sending me a new one.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have not been swimming because the lap pools I use are closed due to covid. However, I swim with a versa and have been for two years without any problems. It WOULD be nice to have GPS when I am outside..  splash splash

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry in advance and probably not what you want to hear. I will be on my 3rd versa replacement pebble (when it arrives) I used the first one for swimming a few times and it completely died on me (before they brought out a software update that included a button lock whilst swimming) and my replacement from the first one broke whilst swimming on Friday just gone. I'd used it twice before this and it was fine, but Friday I literally checked my lengths etc 50m before getting out of the pool and noticed that the screen had lifted on one side from the pebble itself, like the seal had gone. Whether its just this model and the newer ones are more versatile I don't know, but when my replacement comes I don't think I'll be using it for swimming again. Deffo not waterproof or water resistant.

Best Answer
Sorry for your problems. Fine has been fine from the start. Not the most accurate
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for reply. I agree. Very disappointing - why have the swim app on it? I have an Apple Watch now. Shame as I loved the social aspect of Fitbit. I don’t know many ppl with Apple Watch 🙄

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes