Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync issue between Samsung S8 and Versa "Workaround"

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Well, lots of things were said about sync issue of Versa. My observations:

- From time to time Versa cannot finish/start sync with your Samsung S8 no matter how many times you try

- For me this happens when I put Versa to charge and then get it back to my wrist, but I think it is rather related to having your Bluetooth connection broken for some reason between your phone and Versa (note: if connection broken due to your phone battery drained out and phone restarted you will not notice the issue)

What I found to not help so far:

- switching Bluetooth on and off on your phone

- closing Fitbit or even all apps and starting Fitbit app again

- switching into airplain mode on your phone and returning back to normal mode

What I found to help:

- go to Settings

- Apps on your phone

- choose 3 vertical dots menu in top right corner and tap on "Show system apps"

- scroll down and find "Bluetooth" app - tap on it and Force Stop it (maybe several times)

- be patient as it may take a minute or to for bluetooth stack to come back up

- relaunch yout Fitbit app - Versa should sync now

Note: Versa is connected when you see its icon with Green radio indicator (if it is blinking grey it means Versa is being searched for, if it is stable grey I guess it means that there is no connection and no searching.looking is happening - correct me if I'm wrong)

Will be glad to hear it this route helps you to restore connection between your Versa and Samsung S8 phone. Restarting your phone should also help as it restarts BT stack for sure.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
33 REPLIES 33

I have been troubleshooting with fitbit for weeks with my Samsung phone. Nothing has worked and I have done EVERYTHING. I am looking to sell my versa and get a samsung watch at this point. I asked them today if they were going to start warning potential customers of this issue and they didn't answer. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

FYI- I asked Fitbit today via twitter if they were going to warn people of this issue with Samsung and they didn't respond. All they keep telling me is to be patient. I have wasted so much money at this point. BEYOND frustrated. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
My Versa and S8 have been working together for about 2 months (shocked the **ahem** outta me).  Make sure you have updated the app.  Big improvement a while back.

John Curran
jcurran516@aol.com
Best Answer
0 Votes
Is this John Curran... cookie John Curran??
Best Answer
0 Votes

I was Cookie Boy Johnny about a million years ago in Illinois.  Here (Dodgeville WI aka west of Madison WI) I'm Dancin John, Tango (my motorcycle road name as I teach ballroom and Latin Dance) , Cap'n John (I run a veteran's support group and I'm the State Captain).

Best Answer
0 Votes
Soooo funny. I had a friend, John Curran, who worked in my field and I always made cookies for him 😁 love the coincidence... thanks for the info ! I have tried it ALL to no avail. Time to change sadly cause I really loved the versa when it worked.
Best Answer
0 Votes

ell, I like cookie....  Only 4 days until my noniversary (I was married 45 years ago and divorced 40 years ago) and my ex still sends me Snickerdoodles on our non - anniversary.  She said she can't this year because I'm doing the low carb almost Keto thing so I promised I'd only eat one a day.

What field?  I've done almost everything over the years (except jump out of a perfectly good airplane)

John

Best Answer
0 Votes

PS I think about the Samsung watches now and then and they just came out with a new one that looks fantastic.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes. That's my plan. 👍 hoping I can sell my versa to put towards the Samsung. I don't have money to keep dishing out for smart watches but I really did get addicted to the versa when it worked with my old phone. Thanks !!!!
Best Answer
0 Votes
I dispatch for police. John is now a retired trooper lol. I LOVE the relationship you have with your ex! Me and mine are the same way. He is one of my best friends 🙂 I find it so healthy.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Among  other things I was a volunteer pmedic, firebiter in IL and my best bud was da Polees (he made Chief and has been retired for a few years).  Dispatchers have one of the toughest jobs in the world.  The hardest is the Casualty Notification Officers for the military.  I come in about 10 steps below you, I coordinate Honor Guards for military and veterans funerals.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I dispatch for police, fire, and rescue as well. I say you come in far above me for doing that ❤ priceless. Thank you for your work.
Best Answer
0 Votes

When my ex had open heart surgery she had her kids call me and ask me to drive WI to PA.  I guess her hubby found out and actually took a few days off.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good afternoon Smiley.  Just thought I'd mention, I have been trying to get music stored on my Versa and while trying to follow another set of instructions, I found it was long overdue for an update.  You might want to try that before spending more $$.  Took about 5 minutes through the phone (couldn't find a **ahem**ed thing on the PC.)

Best Answer
0 Votes