Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing but no longer receiving notifications

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So, I've had my Versa since January and it's worked like a charm... until Friday. First I stopped receiving notifications from IG, and as of last night, I've stopped receiving notifications for anything. Period. I've checked my settings, restarted my phone, shut down my fitbit, and uninstalled and reinstalled the FitBit app. Nothing. Is. Working. I know other people are having this same issue and I keep being told to uninstall and reinstall the FitBit app. It. Hasn't. Worked.

What's going on? I've never had this issue before.

Edit: I have a Galaxy S7

Best Answer
18 REPLIES 18

@JenSFit Are you using an iPhone and did you update to iOS13?  There is a known issue in iOS13 that is affecting the Versa notifications.  

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I forgot to mention this in my post,I edited it. I have a Galaxy S7.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the new Versa 2, and a Galaxy S8. I was getting notifications until yesterday. Now, nothing 😞 I have everything turned on for notifications and it is syncing, but no notifications are coming through for me either.

Best Answer

Same here.  Galaxy Note 9.

Best Answer

Has there been a resolution to this? I updated to iOS 13 and am having issues. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Very annoying! I hope they fix it. I'm about to return mine and get the Samsung watch instead

Best Answer

I would just like to know what's suddenly causing it and if they're working on fixing it. I'm sure I'm not the only one who relies on the notifications, especially the calendar reminders. It's annoying that it's just suddenly not working right after several months of use.

Best Answer

I'm also having the same problem..I have a Samsung 8 I get sporadic messages but nothing from what's app or any other notification.. any help would be appreciated. 

Best Answer

Same problem - Pixel 3

Best Answer

Same problem....Only calls and app notifications will come through since Versa update, no texts or emails.  I have a Motorola Android phone. 

Best Answer

I have a Galaxy S8 and stopped getting email and call notifications a couple days ago.  I still get texts and calendar events.  I've tried the following:

• Turning off notifications, syncing, turning it back on, syncing again.
  • Restarting phone
  • Restarting device

It sounds like this must be some weird bug.  I wonder if the latest firmware will fix it?

Best Answer

So, after looking at the update history from the Google Play Store, there was an app update that occurred the day before, I do not consider this just a coincidence. 

Is there any word from FitBit about this problem or any indication at all that they're working on fixing this issue? Nothing I've tried has worked, many others are facing the same problem, and it's been a week and nothing has been adressed by the company.

What's. Going. On?

Best Answer

Was that an app update for gmail or fitbit?  I've noticed that it seems to be all my google-based notifications that have quit coming through.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having issues with syncing my Versa 2 to my Galaxy S9. It started today (possibly yesterday).

Best Answer

I'm not entirely sure. The update itself was for FitBit and I stopped receiving IG notifications on 9/20, the update happened 9/19, and I stopped receiving notifications from EVERYTHING: texts, calendar events, Skype, etc, on 9/21.

Best Answer

For those on android it could be your battery settings. Try this it worked for me https://youtu.be/a91CDZh3LlQ

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the suggestion, but as I have stated a couple of times previously, I have checked my settings. In-app, system, and battery. Nothing has been changed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I use my phone in Silent mode, and have had no problem receiving notifications/phone calls.

Now the fitbit app believes that my phone's silent mode is the do not disturbed mode.

All notifications are sent silently to my versa (no vib) and phone calls don't go through at all.

I have a LG G6.

Best Answer
0 Votes