Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Notifications not working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi! My versa worked perfectly until a day or so ago. I had a similar issue with my Ionic, before I returned it. The text notifications no longer buzz/appear on my versa, although the bluetooth pairing is still working with my iPhone (syncs, etc.). I double checked to see if I could still view my new texts with the "swipe down" motion, and only some of the new texts appear. This just changed out of the blue - have not adjusted any of my settings. Any troubleshooting tips?

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

I have experienced the same issue with my android phone. Notifications will work for a while and then quit working. No solutions for you, just a hope that this will resolve. Like you I have made no changes to either my phone or Versa when notifications stop working. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @SunsetRunner a warm welcome to the Forums and @Happygrrl thanks for the input.

If your text notifications are not working, I recommend verifying if your Fitbit app is updated by following the instructions provide in the How do I update the Fitbit app for iOS? post. Then double check that your notifications are enable.

Let me know the outcome. Robot Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

There was a known problem getting message notification through Android phones with Verizon's Message+ text message application. Does anyone know if that was fixed? The remedy was to use a down level messaging app like Samsung Messages. Hoping to use the Verizon Message app again since it is better.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the suggestion @AlejandraFitbit! Unfortunately, my software is completely up to date. 😞 I've also tried troubleshooting by adjusting the notifications settings, and the other suggestions users have mentioned in other forums. Is it possible my watch is defective and needs to be switched out? It's only 2 months old. I also had issues with my previous versa (the battery was actually defective, and the watch would only last a day on a full charge after one month's use). I'm a little bummed, to be honest, that my second versa is already having problems - especially when the first one didn't live up to expectations (and this is following having to return a glitchy Ionic that only worked for one month as well). I never had a single issue with my Surge, which I used reliably for years. Hoping to find a solution - as I really do love being a Fitbit supporter!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I am having the same problem , all was working fine until few days ago , I did recent app update and still not working , not always syncing automatically either !!!! Some of the forums suggest unpairing Fitbit and the re pairing but I am nervous to do that .... what is the next step please ? 

Best Answer
0 Votes