Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text messages are not coming through my Versa 2

Used to get these.  These stopped a couple of months ago and I cannot get them to work.  Using a Samsung 23 Ultra.  All other notifications are working.   Deleted and readded device.   Still no text notifications.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hi there, @mary-lynne. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums. Thanks for bringing this to my attention and for the troubleshooting steps you've tried. I'm sorry to hear that your Versa 2 is still not receiving text messages. I will do my best to help you with this!

As a first approach, please see 
Why are notifications delayed or missing?

If the above doesn't work, please check if "Preview new messages". To do so, open the Message+ app, then go to "Settings", then "Notifications", then "In-app notification settings", then enable "Preview new messages".

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, checked all this...looks good, but still not working.   All my other notifications are working and messages used to work.   Getting close to just buying a samsung watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@mary-lynne Thanks for getting back to me and for confirming that you've checked all of that. I understand where you're coming from. 

In addition to the steps you've tried, I'd recommend resetting the notifications settings on your Fitbit app. To do so, please try the following in the order listed:

- Sync your Versa 2
- On the Fitbit app > Tap on your profile picture > Tap on Versa 2 > Tap Notifications and you'll see the option to disable them or to turn them on. If they are already off, try turning them on. 
- Log out of your Fitbit app
- Force quit the Fitbit app
Restart your Versa 2 
- Log back into your Fitbit app
- Turn on the Notifications settings

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, tried all this but still not working.   Assuming the last line should be Turn ON the notifications setting.

Best Answer
0 Votes