Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text messages not showing on my Versa

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Text messages will not display on my Versa. I have all notifications on.

I get notified if I get a call, hit a goal or set an alarm.

It is only texts. If i restart the Versa it will show texts at first but eventually will not again. I cant continue to reboot my Versa. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
18 REPLIES 18

@ITMan I'm sorry for the late response. However, I'd like to welcome you to our Fitbit Community.

I'm happy to assist you with your Fitbit Versa since it stopped getting text notifications. By the way, thank you for troubleshooting this issue before contacting our forums.

Please follow the troubleshooting steps that are listed in this help article. This article may contain steps that you already tried but you can skip them and proceed with the rest.

In the meantime, let me know what is the brand and model of your phone.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have an Iphone 10

Now it intermittently does not show my pulse.

I have tried the steps in the article you provided and nothing has changed.

90% of the time I do not get texts on my watch.
Best Answer

I have an Iphone 10

Now it intermittently does not show my pulse.

I have tried the steps in the article you provided and nothing has changed.

90% of the time I do not get texts on my watch.

I need a replacement, I believe this watch is defective. How do I replace it???

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having the same issue... versa does not receive text messages

Best Answer
0 Votes

I use to receive text notifications, but 2 days ago it stopped.

Best Answer

Mine stopped last week... I messaged fitbit and they basically told me that they knew about the issue and for me to check back later to see if it had been resolved.  So guess it is a waiting game now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

tried all of them and nothing worked.  any other suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am very dissatisfied with this watch and with Fitbit support. Obviously this is an issue  and you are doing nothing about it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same!   Mine quit working all together a few months back and they did replace it... I was like a few days from being a year old.   and now this...  would like to get my money back!

Best Answer

After an hour on the phone with fitbit support they admitted this was an issue and they have a "department" dedicated to fixing it. They said we will get a call in a "few days". Judging from these posts I'm not holding my breath and I may return my watch to the store. 

Right now this watch is a **ahem**.

Best Answer
0 Votes

did you ever get your text message issue resolved?  

Best Answer
0 Votes

has there been a resolve to the "not receiving text messages" issue? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a note 10 and mine suddenly stopped notifying me of texts. I get all my other ones, facebook, facebook messenger, calls, etc.  But no text message notifications. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did this issue ever get resolved.  I had this issue with my Versa about 6 months ago and thought the issue was with my watch.  Got a new Versa Lite and have the same issue.  I contacted Apple and Verizon and it's not my phone.  This is very frustrating.

Best Answer
0 Votes
No it did not. I don’t even use my versa anymore. It won’t hold a charge

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for letting me know. I called the Fitbit tech support and nothing worked. Very disappointed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue with texts and it's 7 months after your issue.  They are still working on it and my Fitbit is only 6 months old.  This is not covered under the warranty because it's a "system" issue and not an issue with the watch.   I'm very disappointed as I've had fitbits for years.  Won't buy another.

Best Answer
0 Votes
We switched to the Apple Watch

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes