Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text messages won't open on my Versa

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Text msgs do not open when tapping open. They disappear. Every other notification works perfectly. Even changed msg app. Nope! Samsung 8 Note.

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

When I press open on the watch, only that message closes, as it should. 

I pick up the phone, unlock the screen, and the message is the next thing I see. 

If you press open, you are telling the tracker to open the notification on the phone. If your not near the phone, don't press open. 

This is explained in your user manual. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
60 REPLIES 60

When open is tapped, it should open the message on the phone.

Best Answer

Did a shutdown and restart. All is working now!!😁

Best Answer

Did you restart your phone or watch? Mine is doing the same thing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I switched from the charge 2 to the versa yesterday.  So, I'm not sure I'm understanding correcty.  I'm used to seeing the message on my watch and being able to see texts on a larger screen is why I moved to the versa.  

Are you saying we cannot ever see the actual message on the watch?   Because when I click 'open' on my versa, I can actually see it open the message on my phone instead and immediately the message disappears from the versa. 

If so, the watch is useless for me.  I needed to see text messages during my runs, not having to turn on the phone to try to juggle that too.  

Best Answer

The text messages should be readable on the watch, if the fitbit app and the messaging app is configured to send the body of the message on to the versa.

The Versa will then display the message on its screen. Depending on the phone there will also have the option to mark as read, reply , open, or clear. 

Best Answer

Oh if that would work, it will be wonderful! I don't really want to have to take the watch back.

I don't suppose you know whatever settings are related to the body of the text? I do have all the options to open, reply to messages. But if I touch any of them, it performs the action on my phone instead of on the watch. And everything disappears from The Watch.

Best Answer

Sorry @Dijd I've read your 7 posts on 3 different threads and haven't seen any mention the phone your having problems with. Is it on the compatible list?

On android when I set up messaging it use to ask how I wanted the notification displayed on the Versa.

There is also a setting on my phone to configure how u want the message notifications displayed in the notification panal.

In general the way they show up on the phones lock screen is the way they are sent to the Versa. 

Not knowing much about any phone other than Android in going to point to the help docs. 

How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device?
Receive call, text message, calendar, and other notifications on your Fitbit watch or tracker if you have a compatible phone.
My Fitbit device isn't receiving notifications from my phone
Try these troubleshooting steps if you're not receiving notifications
Best Answer

Yes I have been trying to debug it. At first I thought it was just that the messages weren't syncing at all. And I was haunting all of the message boards to try and figure out how to fix that. Now they are coming to my watch but without the body of the message.

On one of those boards, I mentioned it was a Samsung S7. 🙂 sorry about that. Android 8.0. It is on the compatibility list so it should sync text messages.

The messages do sync, but I'm not allowed to read them on my watch. The instant I tried to open one and see the body of the message, it opens it up on my phone instead and I'm not allowed to see it on the watch it just disappears.

Best Answer

Have you done a forum wide search with the name of your messaging app yet?

Best Answer

I'm not using Whatsapp or any special one. Just a standard one that came with the Samsung phone. And the box is clearly checked for that to be the app that sends the messages. But that's a good idea. I will try to do that next. Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Dijd wrote:

I'm not using Whatsapp or any special one. Just a standard one that came with the Samsung phone. And the box is clearly checked for that to be the app that sends the messages. But that's a good idea. I will try to do that next. Thanks!

Yes if you click on "Open" it will open it up on your phone. Rather than doing that, have you tried just tapping the body of the message itself? Sometimes part of a long text will display more by doing that. I haven't seen where you stated you tapped on the message instead of "Open". If you did, then disregard this message.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Twisted1 @Dijd Can you see the preview of the text message in your phone's Notification Bar/Centre... If you cannot, it means it's hidden and you need to change the setting. You need to go to your text message app settings and allow the preview of the message on the screen. Versa will forward only what it can see in the Notification Centre (assuming you gave it the permission to do so). If you're unsuccessful with the default stock Samsung app, install Google Messages. It's always good to stick to native app or Google Messages.

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

Best Answer

See @Marrrmaduke post here

Best Answer

Same problem here! I have the option to open but it just closes it out and opens it on my phone. I don't want to have to get my phone out every time I get a message.

Someone help! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just figured it out. You have to change how your text show up in your text message settings.  However your messages pop up on your phone is how they'll show up on the watch. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here

Best Answer
0 Votes

This Doesnt help.

Best Answer

I'm not sure if what doesn't help. 

What happens when you tap the message? 

Tapping open will open the message up on your phone, not the Versa. 

Best Answer

The same thing is happening to me.  Versa 2 and Samsung phone

Best Answer