Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text messages won't open on my Versa

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Text msgs do not open when tapping open. They disappear. Every other notification works perfectly. Even changed msg app. Nope! Samsung 8 Note.

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
60 REPLIES 60

@PrincetonFarm is it that your message body isn't being sent to the tracker, or that your not able to read the body of the message on the phone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It shows up on the the tracker that I have a message, When I hit open it
does not open on tracker, it just disappears. It does open on my phone.
Disappointing as that is the reason I purchased the Versa 2 to replace my
Alta

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

That is correct @PrincetonFarm as explained above, taping open will open the message on the phone. 

To open on the tracker, if this app message can, the user simply wants to tap once. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am taping once. Message then disappears.
Best Answer

I had to enable preview messages on my S10 Plus

Best Answer
0 Votes

When I hit open on the watch the message disappears.  

Best Answer

I had to change my privacy settings on my phone. I had it set to do not show message and that made it so I couldn't open and reply know my versa!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Czarina0525 I believe that is correct. Pressing open will open the message on the phone and remove it form the tracker. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I press open on the tracker.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, pressing open on the tracker will open the message on the phone, not on the tracker. 

To open press the message once. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
It still doesnt open most of the time and I cant always reply. This is
upsetting . This is an expensive watch. It should work as advertised.
Best Answer

I'm having the same problem, I have a Galaxy 7 and it will show I have a message with the options "Mark as Read" "Reply" "Open" and "Clear". If I touch "Open" it will open up the message on my phone but disappear from my watch. If I tap on "Message" nothing happens. I've tried changing my lock screen, permissions on my app, phone, everything.... 

Best Answer

@Czarina0525 and @fustrated2020 as muted above, pressing open on your wrist is suppose to open the message on the phone not on the wrist. 

To read the message on the wrist, the user needs to tap the message once. This will, depending on the app on the phone that sent the message or the settings, open the message on the wrist. It will also give the option to open on phone, clear, mark as read, reply, cheer, etc seeing on the app sending the notification. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
So it does not open when tapping. I am extremely disappointed with this
Fitbit purchase considering the cost .
Best Answer
0 Votes

That will depend on the messaging app, not Fitbit, or what settings have been chosen in the phone. 

For me text messages open with default Samsung message.. YouTube gives me the heading if the video. Facebook shows me the basis of what Facebook sent to email. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am using the Samsung app
Best Answer
0 Votes

No it does not, as I stated in my original message if I tap on "message" which is all that comes across on the top of the screen on my wrist nothing happens. I reads "Message - 1 new message" if I tap on that nothing happens, if I scroll down I see the other options "Mark as Read" "Reply" "Open" and "Clear" 

Best Answer

I finally figured it out.  You need to go to settings in your "Message +"! Not the settings for the phone. Click on the Message + icon to bring up your text messages and click on the menu bar at the top next to "Conversations" scroll down to "Setting"  then to "Notifications"  Look for "Privacy Settings - Show a preview of received message on the Status Bar and Lock Screen" and turn on. this is for a Galaxy 7. Whew! 

Best Answer

Thank you 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nope. Click on open, messages disappear 

Best Answer
0 Votes