Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The battery of my Versa is lasting less than 2 days

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've been having alot of issues with my Versa. One of which is battery life of only 27 hours. I was told to charge phone and record syncs, still charge lasted only 27 hours. NOW Support says to charge for at least 2 hours even if watch reads 100%. Hopefully this info is helpful to someone.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity and format. 

Best Answer
335 REPLIES 335

Yeah well I just had to replace mine for the 3rd time. Not only will it not hold charge for longer than a day and half but my screen went blank and never came back on. I understand that things can defect but my goodness this is ridiculous ! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I ended up calling support.  They followed up with an email how to do to do a battery test.  I was able to reply to email making it very convenient.  Support responded quickly which I was super impressed with how fast!  Then confirmed it was under warranty and I had a new one 3 days later.  So far my battery is lasting 4-5 days again!  Yeah!

Best Answer
It is the xmas tree.!

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey guys, I hope you are doin' fine! 

I'm sorry to hear about the inconveniences that you are experiencing with your Versa. There are a few tips to make it's battery last longer, so I will ask you to take a look at the tips in this help article: Can I improve my Fitbit device's battery life? If the issue persists, I urge you to get in touch with our Support team. 

Let us know how it goes! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am thinking about returning it. It does not send q message when i get a text or a phone call either. I did all the trouble shooting to.So far i am not pleased had it for about a week and a half now
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Abbeymaysmama, I hope you area doin' fine! I appreciate the time you have taken to follow some troubleshooting to make your Versa receives notifications. I'd like to ask you something, what is the type of phone that you area using? Is it a compatible device

Let me know how it goes! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Its a galaxy note 8. And it worked wonderful with my other fitbits.
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes
Did you call customer support? They are very helpful. They sent me a replacement and I didn’t have to send back my broken one. They can verify it’s not working when you are on the phone. New one works fine.
Good Luck,
MelMoe

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I have not found a number that gets me to an actual person. Just automated
systems 😥

MelMoe

What number did you call? I have my Versa connected to my Note 8 and I have virtually everything turned off on it and I am lucky to get a full 24  hours out of it. I am getting really frustrated at this point.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply @Abbeymaysmama! Oh! That phone model, the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 is not a compatible device, so I'm afraid that you might experience syncing, GPS and not receiving notifications issues. However, you can follow the tips in this help article: My Fitbit device isn't receiving notifications from my phone.

@Melmoe, thanks for the update. Yes, our Support team always try to help users out and get them back on track, so sound good that your issue was resolved. 😉 

@TildaM, if you'd like to get in touch with our Support team, here in this link you'll find the information to contact them. 

Let me know how it goes guys! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m also having serious battery issues. Drains overnight. My unit is less than a year old.  I followed all you suggestions and hope that helps, however, now I’m wondering what’s the

point? If these features cause battery drain why use this device. Not impressed Fitbit. 

Best Answer

If it helps anyone, I read that you must be using a UL Certified block/adapter to charge your device through a wall socket. Fitbit recommends using a laptop to charge. My boyfriend was explaining to me if you are using a block that transmits too many volts too fast it could essentially fry your devices battery (or something like that lol)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Really? I hadn’t heard that! I have been having to charge every other day for an hour and a half to get to 99%. Have never hit 100% and thought that was close enough. This is ridiculous as I’m not new to Fitbit. When you are new you’re constantly checking stats, etc. WTH is taking so much battery? No GPS on it. I RARELY an app. Total BS about lasting 4 days. Maybe if you’re in a comma and you have no movement to record and never check data. I cannot imagine what listening to music would do. I’m guessing I’d have to charge daily for 4 hours. I don’t think I’m keeping this as much as I love look. Changing bands is impossible and that’s way too much time on the charger. With my Charge 2 I could fully charge while in shower. I’m never still long enough so I’d miss activity recording and I want to be able to record my sleep.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well THAT doesn't apply to me because I use the charger that came with the watch, and it is plugged into a regular USB port NOT a rapid charger. Someone asked about the watch face. I have NOT changed the watch face, it's whatever the standard watch face is that is preloaded onto the watch. The number I call is completely automated so I am just quite disgusted that Fitbit came out with this supposedly newer and better watch to do so much more and it's bigger but it sure as hell isn't better! I have pretty much everything disabled and I don't even get a full 24 hours of battery out of it. I keep getting told call them but no one wants to provide the number!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Chelsea.Sierra wrote:

If it helps anyone, I read that you must be using a UL Certified block/adapter to charge your device through a wall socket. Fitbit recommends using a laptop to charge. My boyfriend was explaining to me if you are using a block that transmits too many volts too fast it could essentially fry your devices battery (or something like that lol)

I presume you are saying that some people may be using a rapid charger??? I am NOT! I use the charger that came with the watch, plugged into a STANDARD USB port. I would think in today's day and age most people would know better than to plug something other than their phone into a rapid charger!! I think Fitbit just really fell down on the job with the Versa This is not my first Fitbit product, but it may very well be my last!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Maybe I am a total idiot but I still have the original box and the paperwork out of the box, I have yet to find a phone number that does not put me into an automated system that doesn't just take me in circles before it hangs up on me!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@TildaM wrote:

@Chelsea.Sierra wrote:

I presume you are saying that some people may be using a rapid charger??? I am NOT! I use the charger that came with the watch, plugged into a STANDARD USB port. I would think in today's day and age most people would know better than to plug something other than their phone into a rapid charger!! I think Fitbit just really fell down on the job with the Versa This is not my first Fitbit product, but it may very well be my last!

@TildaM In my previous post I was not talking about the charger,but the ADAPTER. Fitbit provides you with the charger;however, they do not provide you with a usb block/adapter. UL certified just means it’s been properly tested. Most cellphone blocks are UL certified you can look on the USB adapter itself to find this out. Sometimes I like to use blocks that I buy from Walgreens and five and below for my phone, but these are NOT UL certified and therefore harmful to smaller devices like the watch I believe. Fitbit recomends charging the watch via USB port through a computer or laptop if you do not possess one of these. I’m not certain how true this is or not, but I did see it in one of their online help articles. Just thought I’d passed the info along if it could help someone. Also to find Fitbit’s phone number you just need to go into the app and hit help then contact fitbit customer service. They have three ways to contact them via, direct message, Twitter or phone. You can also do a quick google search and it should just pop up. Hope you get it figured out. This is the number I used. I believe it was automated but just a few clicks and I was speaking to a human!

2450D3E0-5D65-4D05-A806-0F0C5F0C3640.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

Got the same problem. 😭

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm so sorry!! We should not have to go through this 😒😒

Best Answer
We shouldn’t. 🙄 It’s hard enough doing a zillion steps a day. They should reward us for upgrading not plague us with new device issues. I already put in a year of my life helping them iron out their Charge 2 problems.

Sent from myMail for iOS
Best Answer