Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The battery of my Versa is lasting less than 2 days

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've been having alot of issues with my Versa. One of which is battery life of only 27 hours. I was told to charge phone and record syncs, still charge lasted only 27 hours. NOW Support says to charge for at least 2 hours even if watch reads 100%. Hopefully this info is helpful to someone.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity and format. 

Best Answer
335 REPLIES 335

To the last one who posted here (Jdoggy) and everyone who has a relatively new smart watch with battery issues: reach out to the FitBit support and - if the watch is less than one year old - they will probably replace it for you. A new watch should last 4 to 5 days on a charge with normal usage (with all features enabled). I know because mine did work like that until a few weeks ago. 

Unluckily mine stopped working properly (battery lasting less than 24h also with many options disabled) after 18 months from purchase, so I’m out of warranty and Fitbit only offered me a 25% discount on a new unit. Two days ago the watch went black and I haven’t been able to turn it back on anymore. 

I’m currently not sure if I’m going to buy a new one... I’ve been a Fitbit customer forever (since the very first models that didn’t even have a numeric display) and each and every watch I had broke or died at some point (sometimes under warranty, sometimes after it was expired). I just don’t know if I can trust the brand anymore, sorry. 

Best Answer

I did actually what you said, and turn off the all day sync too. The battery is getting worse and worse.  I am thinking to exchange another one.  when I bought it at Christmas, it can last for 3 days. Now it only can last for 1 day and half, about 30 hours.  

Good to know. I am going to do the same. 

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

Here's my honest feedback on this issue after going through the original plus replacement. 

1) the watch needs to be charged through your computer USB port. They don't make that obvious.

2) my first watch had issues at month 11 and I got a replacement. 

3) replacement watch lasted 2 months before the same issue popped up. I decided to continue to use it anyway to log daily steps.

4) all of a sudden my watch starts lasting 3-4 days again (no idea why).

5) last issue...watch doesnt charge at all so my next step will be to replace the charger.

Maybe we all have charger issues? I'll keep everyone posted!!

Best Answer

I did all the steps they suggested without success. What finally worked for me was letting my Versa completely die while using it, then charge for several hours from a completely dead battery. This completely solved my problem, now it will hold a charge for 5 days easily

Best Answer
0 Votes

What's the point of having all those features on the watch if you have to turn them off to save the battery you should have made the battery around the features of the watch to be used at full capacity?

Best Answer

So I purchased a new charger and it seemed to work on my watches. I now have two watches (one that was defective and a 2nd one they sent as a warranty replacement).  One only lasts a day. The other lasts a few days but developed issues with "flickering" and then completely turning off and the display would go blank.  If it isn't one thing it's another. At least I know they can both charge now.

Best Answer
I jumped from the Fitbit ship. I own a Garmin Forerunner now. It is amazing.  Will never go back to FB. 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer

Hi I bought a 2nd Versa which worked great until it was 6months old when only way you could see any info was when it was in its charger so back to the shop it went shop had stopped doing the original Versa so I was asked to choose another I opted for the Versa2 and because it was on special was cheaper than my original so got 3 years extended warranty thrown in result and peace of mind for 3 years 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I know the Versa 2 they upgraded me to because my Versa Special Edition is apparently no longer available is still going. They don't have all the features enable and it still doesn't get more than 2 or 3 days until it needs to be charged again.

Best Answer
0 Votes
My Versa2 is lasting a week and at least if it goes wrong I now have the extended warranty to rely on

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

This fixed my battery issues instantly! 

Thank you!

Best Answer

Then you might as well just use a watch.  The reason I purchased the fitbit versa is that it could do all those things and mine did and lasted 6 days before needing a charge until a month ago and now it lasts 2 days even if those things are not active.  I've had it for only 8 months and invested a lot in replacement bands.  Good on Alta HR just keeps on running and I've had it 2 years.  

Best Answer

my fitbit just suddenly stopped and the back is definitely swelling what do i do?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Don't wear it and get it touch with fit-bit

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Versa has been working great. When I woke up this morning, my screen was blank (can swipe to see app screen but when you select app the screen is blank) and battery went from 93% to 54% overnight. When I tried to sync it nothing happens.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had my Fitbit Versa 2 for about 6 months. The tracking device is a big improvement on the Versa. However, the battery life is AWFUL. I need to recharge every single night. I know I can switch off many functions to prolong battery life but what the hell. If you switch everything off, you my as well wear  a traditional watch. Fitbit needs to fix this or else they will lose us loyal Fitbit clients. I feel that the tracker is advertised as having 4 days between charges. This is BS. You need to switch off all your notifications etc. That's really NOT cool. And by the way, I notice the battery performance is getting worse by the day. Not good 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Cannot agree more 

Best Answer
0 Votes
All of these posts scare me... I had to buy a versa 2. Now I’m wondering if I’m going to have the same problems...🥺

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi myself and my husband both have the Versa 2 and ours are working perfect we charge ours every 5 days.We don't listen to music on it but that's it. Really hope it stays like this after the problems I had with my original Versa

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've made a clockface telling you what drains the battery.

I know:

- most if the battery drain is when the clock is lightning up. So dont use "always on"

- WiFi consumes a lot of battery.

- at night the drain is about 1% per 100 minutes.

- After charging the battery it loses some power in the first hour.

I charge my Versa every day for about 10 minutes. It's almost never 100%. I think that my Versa could sustain for more than 3 days.

Link:

https://gallery.fitbit.com/details/f60d8089-8833-4561-82aa-4809687c7f8e 

Community Council MemberMario Dings | Rotterdam NL
Fitbit: Versa, Versa2, Sense. (Versa light) - Phone: Android. - Developer clockfaces.(Nederlands)
Best Answer
0 Votes