Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The battery of my Versa is lasting less than 2 days

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've been having alot of issues with my Versa. One of which is battery life of only 27 hours. I was told to charge phone and record syncs, still charge lasted only 27 hours. NOW Support says to charge for at least 2 hours even if watch reads 100%. Hopefully this info is helpful to someone.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity and format. 

Best Answer
335 REPLIES 335

So, basically turn every feature of the watch that makes it worth using off? That would work though.

Mind used to last 4 days with those settings on Pace- allowing me to use the watch with the features turned on. A year later, I have to charge every two days. Maybe it's time for a change...

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have the Versa 2 now as my versa would only work when I’m charging cradle as it was still under warranty took it back to store they had stopped doing the versa and the versa 2 was on special less than I paid for the original so got 3yr extended warranty result. I now get 5 days off a charge and am very happy with that for now. Only thing I don’t use is for is listening to music

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Just make sure you plug it into a computer and it should be fine. That's
what worked for me.
Best Answer

Thank you for the information! However much of what you’ve shared are features that the Versa has that we like. Had I known that Fitbit could not keep up with “reminders to move, or notifications etc,” I would have gotten an Apple Watch and called it a day. I should not have to compromise just for battery life! Fitbit needs to address this issue! Does Fitbit have any plans on addressing the issue? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have done all of those things. I basically have a watch and I still have to charge it every other day. My Versa 2 is about 3 months old. Completely disappointed!

Best Answer
0 Votes

For what it's worth, I find many of the tips from Support to be red herrings, as usual.

I'll avoid speculation as to how the thing actually works but, having had 3 of these devices, I know how they should work......and you DON'T need to turn off all the features.

My Versa 2 went from a 5+ days battery life to just over a day within a short time. I was using a quite high-powered charger so I factory reset the watch and started plugging the charging cradle into a laptop port & the watch is now as good as new.

No idea whether the factory reset was necessary or not but, at least I can confirm that using a fast charger for several months did NOT 'fry' my battery - it definitely appears to be software rather than hardware (in my case).

Best Answer
0 Votes

Probably 80-90% of your suggestions were the very reasons I bought the Fitbit Versa and yes I am someone who can't get 48 hours out of my battery without a warning. Why make something if you can't use it? Thanks, Linda

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had to contact fitbit and run several test with them. They ended up
sending me a new one that works much better. Mine was under warranty as I
only bought it 4 months prior. I hope this helps.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Today my battery went from 100% at 8:30am to 18% at 2:15pm. Same thing yesterday. I did not notice this problem before the recent update, and have not altered any settings to make my battery last less. What is going on?

Best Answer

My verse only last about two hours. I have the all day sync turned off and the GPs turned off

I disagree with the comments above, we should be able to use the functions of our watch and it lasts longer than four hours or less. I’ve only started having this issue with the last update to the software.

Best Answer

Basically turn off everything that your fitbit is built to do just so you can have other people see your wrist and thinn you have a cool gadget on

Best Answer

I got my versa2 early June. It's never made it to the advertised 6 days, or even 4 days. I had always on display turned off, disabled quick view (so I have to hit the button for the clockface to show up).

I'm lost on what to do and want to return it since the battery life is disappointing, I get 2 days at best.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought my Versa 2 back in January (ish) and it never held a charge longer than 3 days (no matter how many setting I turned off or how long I charged it). Since Corona lock down in late March, I haven't been wearing it.  I just charged it and put it on at approximately 4pm on Friday and it was completely dead by 4pm on Sunday.  I Don't listen to music or have any alerts or alarms. It isn't showing me weather or my heart rate..Actually, if only tells me the time when I ask for it !!!!  it the worst watch I've ever owned and I didn't even know I was buying "just a watch".  I feel scammed. If the battery cannot accommodate any of the features...then it shouldn't have the features!   I'd love to return it but fear its been too long since I purchased it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have done all of the things suggested here and the battery still lasts just one day (if I am lucky).  I got the versa for the features it offers and thought I would be able to use it at least one full day. It doesn't make sense that you should have to turn everything off just to have a full day of battery!  I have grown weary of fitbit. . . .

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine does the same.  Sorry you aren't able to make use of your versa.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I contacted Fitbit, had to run multiple tests and ended up getting a
replacement. So far the replacement has been working fine.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I thought you had to take if off charge as soon as it reached 100%.  I've read that you don't charge over night for this reason.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was thinking the exact same thing.  All these fantastic options available but because of the poor battery life you can't use any of them.  😕

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have done both

- take it off the charger once it is @ 100% and
- leave it to charge overnight

Unfortunately, lately the versa is lasting one (1) day, telling me it is
low @ ~6pm. I have turned everything off that I bought the watch for and
it still somehow loses its charge in one (1) day. Somewhere it said to
turn a bunch of stuff off. . . odd to me as it seems the "stuff" is why
people buy a fitbit instead of a timex.

I am close to giving up as it is very frustrating.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I can't see all day sync.  I have a versa.  My battery was fine a couple of months back and now I'm charging every day.  Could it be an update that is draining the battery?

Best Answer
0 Votes