Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The battery of my Versa is lasting less than 2 days

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've been having alot of issues with my Versa. One of which is battery life of only 27 hours. I was told to charge phone and record syncs, still charge lasted only 27 hours. NOW Support says to charge for at least 2 hours even if watch reads 100%. Hopefully this info is helpful to someone.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity and format. 

Best Answer
335 REPLIES 335

Fitbit needs to address their problems, now.

Best Answer

I'm just curious..... What's the point of having a fitbit versa if we have to turn everything off? ?

Best Answer

@HeydyF wrote:

Hey @Ynott, it is great to see you around more often! Thanks for sharing the tip that Support told you to try, since 27 hours is very little time for the battery life. The Fitbit Versa battery can last up to 4+ days. Because battery life is affected by use and other settings, actual results may vary.

Please consider these tips when you want to conserve battery life:

• Make sure you're charging Versa fully each time. It can take up to 2 hours to fully charge your watch. For instructions, see How do I charge my Fitbit device?
  • Turn off All-Day Sync in the Fitbit app because it increases battery drain on both your watch and phone. Note that if you turn off All-Day Sync, certain apps including Weather won't work since data isn't being sent from the Fitbit app to your watch:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon User-added image
    2. Find the option to turn off All-Day Sync.
  • Turn off the option to wake the screen when you turn your wrist; instead, tap the screen to turn it on:
    • On your watch, press and hold the back button, then swipe to the quick settings screen > Screen Wake > Manual.
  • If you don't need heart rate data, change the Heart Rate setting to Off. Note that the green LED continues to flash even if Heart Rate is turned off.
  • Turn off call, text, calendar, and app notifications if you know you're going to receive many hundreds of notifications. A large volume reduces battery life:
    • On your watch, press and hold the back button, then swipe to the quick settings screen > Notifications > Off.
  • Charge your watch more often if:
    • You play music or use the music controls frequently
    • You use apps that keep the watch's screen on or frequently access the internet
    • You use an interactive or animated clock face
  • Don't receive reminders to move every hour. To get fewer reminders, make sure you walk 250 steps each hour, change the number of hours you want your stationary time monitored, or turn off the feature on days you don't need it.
  • If you have many silent alarms set, consider deleting some. Each alarm you add up to the maximum of 8 reduces battery life by a small percentage. 
  • Shut down Versa when it's not in use. For instructions, see How do I turn off my Fitbit device?

Please keep me posted on how the battery of your Versa goes! 😉 

I'm just curious..... What's the point of having a fitbit versa if we have to turn everything off? ?

Best Answer

I took my Fitbit back to Sam’s for a refund. Then bought another also from
Sam’s. No battery problem!! Two full days and it is still at 79%. I guess I
just got a bad one.
--
Sent from Gmail Mobile:

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
I was actually thinking the same thing!! Thank you for your quick
response!! It was very helpful!!
Best Answer

I am having this issue as well. I was at 100% less than 12 hours ago and now I am at 25%. Notifications off, raise to wake off, all of that. Something is wrong

Best Answer
I contacted Fit bit they told me to charge it from a computer or laptop instead of the regular wall outlet. Ever since doing so I get at least 3 & 1/2 days.

Sent from my MetroPCS 4G LTE Android Device
Best Answer

For the last month I’ve had the same problem where the battery life lasts less than 2 days. I have no apps on, and a Fitbit clock face, but do have notifications and text on. 

I got my Fitbit in May and until the last update the battery would last for 4 day! Now suddenly it lasts less than 2 days? What’s the point of getting a new Fitbit if we can’t use all the features they touted about, my Blaze was working much better. 

Im going to contact Fitbit support to check on this.

Best Answer

Thank you for speaking up!! I returned mine for a new one just this week. It's still doing the same thing!! Battery not lasting. Please keep us posted on what you are able to find out. Good luck!! 

Best Answer

I spoke with them they said to try charging it from my laptop/pc ever since I have and have been getting at least 3 days out of it 

Best Answer

Wow ok ill try  that!! Thank you 😊😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good luck let me know how it goes 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Return it if you can and replace.

Moderator edit: Removed personal info

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did contact support and after 2 tests with the same low battery performance results, I got a replacement.  The replacement took 2 chats with support (each over an hour) to get it setup with my iphone (remove all bluetooth devices in the vicinity, stay near the Wifi router, etc). They had me go through every step twice and a factory reset in order for the Versa to finally connect to the phone and update the software! And now this "new" versa will not sync to the iphone... it keeps dropping the connection :(.

However, battery life is good, i'm at 75% after 1.5 days. 

Looks like I traded one issue for another. The versa truly has me wondering if I should give up on Fitbit and move to something else. I never had any issues with the Charge HR and Blaze. 

Best Answer

I took my FitBit back to Sam's Club and got a replacement. Now the battery
on the replacement will last for almost a week. I got a bad one - I guess.

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had mine replaced and it was good for about 2 weeks. Now it's doing the same thing again. I'll just accept it the way it is and charge it every other day. I'm sure others may have to do the same unfortunately but it is a nice fitbit though. I'm so glad yours is working properly 🙂🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
That's insane I wouldn't accept that ecspecially with how expensive it is you shouldget in touch with them again 

Best Answer

Your right Annemarie I will contact them in the morning. It is alot of money to not have it work properly. Thank you!! 

Best Answer
Charge 3 is coming out soon also I am going to wait and get that one I have always had the charge and never had problems

Best Answer
0 Votes

Really?? Oh cool!! Let me know when you get it and how you like it after 2 weeks lol I may do the same. Does it look like the one we have now?? 

Best Answer
0 Votes