Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tip to fix notification issues with Huawei P10 Plus

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Dear All,

I Have my Fitbit Versa from the last week and I did pair the watch with Huawei P10 Plus phone, but I suffer from not receiving calls and messages notifications, every time I restart my phone it works for few minute then stop, after searching and doing a lot of trails, I found that Battery Optimize feature causing this issue, and to solve it do the following:

Just go to Battery under setting --> Battery Usage --> select under Software tab Fitbit --> Lunch  --> then disable Manage automatically and keep Auto-launch & Secondary launch & Run in Background Enabled.

Then restart your phone and make sure notification under Fitbit mobile app and watch notification are enabled.

This solved the problem for meSmiley Happy.

Regards

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hey @mhilan, let me give you a warm welcome to the Community! Let me explain to you that, the fact that the Huawei P10 Plus hasn't been released as a compatible device, might make the setup, syncing and notifications, harder to get, therefore you had to restart your phone to get these features to work well, and even after trying that, they stop working. 

On the other side, I appreciate the time you have taken to try to solve this and specially for trying to the battery settings tip that you shared. 😉 I'm pretty sure that this might help other users with the same issue, to solve it.  

Happy stepping! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

Majority of Android devices are compatible. The fitbit team here is not well versed in operating systems it seems. 

Huawei devices due to Emui OS (Huawei's custom overlay over Android OS) tend to kill background apps regularly due to the battery optimization settings. I had a Huawei Mate 9 before my Samsung Note 8, so I know how they work. Well done on figuring out the settings on your to avoid the fitbit application from being killed. 👊🏼

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @razerf15, I hope you are doin' great! Yes, you are right. There are several Android devices that have been officially launched as compatible, however, there are also other ones that works with some Fitbit trackers and don't appear on the list. The thing with the unofficial devices is that you could complete the setup process and sync it but not all of the functions will be working as expected.  For example in my case, I also have a Huawei phone, a P Smart, and after the latest EMUI update, I was able to sync my Charge 2 with my phone. So for other users, it might or not work. I can't guarantee that. 

Let me know if you have further comments. 😉 

Best Answer

So , is the Huawei P10 Plus compatible with the Versa? Thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Pgbuyer89, let me give you a warm welcome to the Community! Answering your question in regards of the compatibility of the Huawei P10 with the Fitbit Versa, I can tell you that, this phone model hasn't been released as a compatible device, so even though it might get connected with it, I can't guarantee that all the features will work as expected. However, as I always suggest to the users, they can follow the syncing troubleshooting to try to make it work better. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Best Answer