Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn off Versa after Factory Reset

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How can I turn off the Versa after performing a factory reset?  I can't go in to settings and shut it down because I'm selling it and don't want to sync it again. There has to be a way to force this to shut down so the battery doesn't die sitting in the "to start download the Fitbit app" screen.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
16 REPLIES 16

How can I turn off the Versa after performing a factory reset?  I can't go in to settings and shut it down because I'm selling it and don't want to sync it again. There has to be a way to force this to shut down so the battery doesn't die sitting in the "to start download the Fitbit app" screen. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, after having done a proper Factory Reset, the Versa acts like a brand new device as if it still was in the box when you received it. So, if the FR was properly finished, your Versa is already shutdown, waiting to be setup as a new device. So, where did it go wrong?

Best Answer
0 Votes

No it's not.  It's still ON and running waiting to be setup.  Sooner or later it will run out of battery and need to be charged again.  Man the software is really lacking on this thing.  Another reason why I finally gave up and am selling it. 

The Versa is $249 here in Canada currently.  This is NOT a $249 device.  I just bought a device for $177 with the latest version of Wear OS, with integrated GPS, full Google integration including Google Assistant with a speaker and a microphone, heart rate sensor, steps and exercise tracking, literally thousands of apps in the Play Store for it and full Google Play Music and Spotify support for music.  I mean, who uses Deezer?  And Pandora is only available in one country in the world.  Sorry Fitbit...you lose.

Best Answer

@TheIgster It's great to see you in our Fitbit Community! In order to turn off your Fitbit Versa, please tap the screen, swipe to the left until you find the "Setting" icon and tap it. After this scroll all the way down and tap "About". Finally, scroll down and you will see the option "Shutdown" and tap on it.

Don't forget to remove the Versa from your account and forget it from your phone's Bluetooth devices.

Let me know if more assistance is needed! 😀

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer

Did you even read my message?  You can't do that AFTER  a factory reset.  It is stuck on the setup screen.  You can't simply swipe to go to Settings and do that.  If you're going to reply, at least read what you are replying to and then do so.  Sold the Versa anyway.  Thankfully.

Best Answer

@TheIgster I'm sorry for the late response and I apologize for any misunderstanding on my end. I really appreciate your feedback since this helps to keep improving.

Don't hesitate to get back if you have any questions or doubts!

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ugh I need the answer to this also and you have not provided a way to turn it off ? After factory reset same situation 

pls answer 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did anyone sort this as the same here, factory reset as want to sell.

Its keeps coming up to connect to app and can't get into setting as it's reset.

I can't sell it as it keeps beeping telling me to download app, this question on here has been asked loads of times and all people say is go into setting,you can't as it wants an app installed, had to recover my account for this message.

This versa 3 is full off problems...........please answer this not like above.

I have set my versa 3 back to default, but how do you turn it off.

You can't go into setting as it just keeps coming up with ''download app''

I want to sell it but i cant pack it up to sell as it makes a noise when it reboots waiting to be connected.

Say it again, cant go into setting to shut down as its not set up so just comes up to download app.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @SunsetRunner  all you can do is set it back up to your phone by installing the app and then follow the directions above from the Fitbit Moderator. Turn off the Versa 3 and then remove it from your account. Then you can sell it. 

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks a lot for that,aint that a bit of a major fault,i think Fitbit needs to iron out a lot of these faults before i touch one again.

Thanks

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner  I'm thinking most people wouldn't have a need to shut down their Versa 3 as they would be using it. You have a different situation and therefore have to use a different way to handle it. 

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

You can't be that ignorant... there are plenty of reasons to not want it back on your phone, and this is god **ahem** invacive i even double legal, it's infecting the phone like a virus... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

There is no obvious user option to turn off a factory reset watch, other than to let the battery run down which isn't good to leave the battery in that state.

When you buy a new watch it comes in a factory reset state but often has a good charge on it.

How do they do that during manufacture? There may be a technique but only Fitbit could tell us users.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue here.  I plan on leaving mine on the charging station for eternity.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why not re-pair or leave it setup and then shutdown the device. Then, just remove it from the Fitbit app.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I prefer to leave it in the charger for the rest of my life.
Best Answer
0 Votes