Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn off double tap to unlock screen

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have this problem always when i'm in the shower but didn't bother that much.

Lately I started swimming a few times per week, and now it does bother me.

Because of the contact with water, my Versa watch turns on all the time. The water works like a finger, and will tap random things. Sometimes it stops my exercise, etc...

Now how can I disbale/turn off the double tapp action ? Please !

Best Answer
0 Votes
12 REPLIES 12

Hi, long press the left button untill the activity screen pops up and set "Screen activation" to manual instead of automatic. This should solve your problem. Regards kuzibri

Best Answer
0 Votes

I see, thanks for replying. But now I can't unlock the screen by turning my watch to my face. 

I guess there is no way I can still use that function while the double tap is enabled ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, you can do this only during your swimming and after that set it to automatic again. It's not that much work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ooh wow, ofcourse I can do that. Didn't even think about that hahaha.

Thanks !

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks very much for marking it as an accepted solution, best regards kuzibri

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @SunsetRunner and @Yentelke1998. Have you tested this solution, @Yentelke1998 . On my Versa, double tap will wake the screen, even in manual mode. Manual mode just means Quick View is disabled. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Indeed, you are right. I just tested it. 

Then my question still remains. Can I turn off the double tap option ? 

Because that's the reason my watch turns on in contact with water

Best Answer

Hi Carol,

thanks for reply. On my Versa, that's why I mentioned the screen activation method, the double tap is a bit less sensitive when switched to manual versus automatic. Maybe that my just the drop during the swim session. Regards kuzibri

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m sorry to day there is not a way to turn off the double tap. You can suggest that as a new feature in the Feature Suggestion forum. This way, others can vote for your idea and Fitbit can gage interest. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Alright, fair enough.

But what about all the other versa owners who likes to take a swim ? Because it seems like I am the only one who is complaining about this...

Best Answer
0 Votes

This suggestion in the Feature suggestion Board has the status: "not supported currently", so it seems that it will not be available in the near future.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I would advice you to try the manual setting of the screen during your swimming sessions, although it does not disable the double tap function, cause the screen is, at least on my Versa, is less sensitive for this feature than when set to automatic. This might prevent your Versa from switching on all the time. give it a try. If this works for you, your a happy man, if it does not work your problem will persist unfortunately. Please keep me posted on this issue. Regards kuzibri

Best Answer
0 Votes