Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uk Versa question, is there a difference between the special and regular edition?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey all

Its my birthday on Saturday. The hubby is buying me the versa. Whoopie!

Finally no more ugly charge 2! (Sorry i always found them ugly aesthetically)

Anyway im going for the rose gold. However, apart from the distinct difference in bands- does the special edition offers any extra features?

Thanks!

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

Have you been reading all the problems people are having with the Versa!!!!?  I received mine as a gift for Mothers Day and was initially excited as well..... - wish I could be reimbursed for the cost and get something else!!! I hope you have better luck with yours!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ahh no! My 2 pals have one and haven't had any issues.... this is worrying! What are people saying?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had no problems what so ever with my Versa.

Congrats on getting yours and Happy Birthday!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

To answer your question in the same way you asked: NO, IN EUROPE THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN STANDARD AND SPECIAL EDITIONS, ONLY THE ADDITIONAL BAND AND UNIQUE COLORS. BUT WHY DO WE HAVE TO USE CAPITAL LETTERS? ARE WE SHOUTING?

By the way, reasonably happy user of Versa since May here. Versa is a device with mass appeal, many many people bought it, so of course many people are complaining. But yes, Fitbit support was not handling it too well especially in the beginning and there are some issues (not affecting all users!), which are still not fixed and new firmware release is desperately awaited.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Read the posts here about connecting or syncing to find the problems some people have,  at the heart of all the issues is that fitbit does not support all phones and therefore some of us are having issues while for others it's working great.  And it's the same if you have a unsupported phone, some work great some like my oneplus 5T are a real pain.  Up until about 8 days ago I had to delete the fitbit app and reinstall it every 2 days to get mine to sync. It's much better today and every 2 days it now forgets my WiFi password and stops syncing,  only noticed just now it had lost it weds,  so reentered WiFi password and all is OK again but no data in app for Thursday. 

For many it's great 😁for many it's not😢

Best Answer
0 Votes

Agreed, have a big rethink about the Versa.  I've lost count of the wasted hours, even though my current handset is on the approved list!!

Do make sure that your device is on the supported list, otherwise anticipate problems would be my advice.  Even then, I still have issues that aren't (can't be) resolved.

Good luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes

IM SHOUTING BECAUSE I THOUGHT PEOPLE MIGHT BE ABLE TO HEAR ME BETTER.

Lol, joke. I'm being sarcastic haha!

That's fab. So can you still pay contactless with the regular fitbit versa? (European version)

I have a Samsung s8. I think im ok on the supported phones front.... apart from that- does anyone have any other issues with it? 

Thanks! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, Fitbit Pay (NFC chip) is on all European Versas.

Best Answer

Ahh awesome, thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hmm, careful with contactless as again, you need a compatible payment card.  Very limited a few months back.  Sterling Bank was one of the only viable options.  I have not looked to see if the list has been increased, but based on the lack of recent movement in the supported devices list, I'd wager not.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ill be totally honest- I'm looking at Garmins now instead. All these negative reviews on the versa is making me wary!

Best Answer
0 Votes