Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to add UOB card in fitbitpay Singapore

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am facing issue when trying to add UOB card in Fitbit pay Singapore.

I am getting error card is not supported.

When contacted bank says everything is ok on the card.

how do I resolve the issue ?

Best Answer
0 Votes
20 REPLIES 20

Hi, i'm facing the same issue. Did you manage to add your card eventually?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nope I am still unable to add the card.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was told by Fitbit that for UOB, only cards under the MasterCard network can be added to the Fitbit Pay wallet. Have been using UOB Visa on the app for MRT rides and purchases all this while and can no longer use it. Totally regressive. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did Fitbit CS meant Google Pay? I was told only UOB cards on master card network is supported for Google Pay. I have actually added UOB Visa into Fitbit pay and everything worked well. It was only until recently UOB told me to remove and re-add my card into my devices and Fitbit pay is the only one i'm having issues with

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah, removed and tried to add UOB One Card (Visa network) from Fitbit app and received error messages. Anyway, my Fitbit Sense just died on me today and I've switched to another watch brand. Will not be buying Fitbit anymore. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah I was using UOB visa since 1 year without any issues. Only after recent msg from UOB I deleted and try to add again . Unable to add now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here. I think fitbit has blocked UOB one visa card for some reasons. Fitbit’s website says that UOB visa cards are supported but I can’t add mine either. Looks like it’s time to toss the fitbit watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I managed to add the card into the wallet but it still says inactive and when I try to verify, an error message says unable to verify and to remove the card. I have updated the fitbit and UOB tmrw apps, but my card details weren't automatically added when i was trying to add the card

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok I finally got it working on my Versa 2 and the card is showing up. Follow the steps below.

1. Go to www.fitbit.com dashboard using web browser PC and login.
  2. Click on the gear icon on the top right and select the fitbit device.
  3. Click on Fitbit pay on the bottom right and click on "Deactivate Fitbit Pay"
  4. On fitbit device, look for "Settings > About", and select "Factory Reset" at the very bottom.
  5. In fitbit app, delete the device.
  6. Forget device in bluetooth settings on the phone.
  7. Once fitbit device restarted. Add the device to fitbit app.
  8. Go to wallet.
  9. Open UOB TMRW app, find your credit card you want to add. Click on it, Click on Settings, Click on Save card to merchants > Select Fitbit Pay
  10. You will be redirected to Fitbit app automatically, card details will be added automatically and you will receive an SMS from UOB that your card has been added.
  11. Fitbit wallet will be stuck at "preparing". Just click on the X at the top left.
  12. Open fitbit app again, click on wallet and click on the card. Set card as default, it should stay greyed out.
  13. Check fitbit device and the card should be there again.

Anyway they did something to Fitbit pay on 31st December 2023 which screwed all of us. What should I know about using my Fitbit device to make contactless payments?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks it's working now after I tried it with an iOS device. The steps did not work for my android device

Best Answer
0 Votes

I see, I've edited my original post to state that it works on IOS devices and not on Android. Thanks for the confirmation.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I managed to add card but the watch still says no card there, despite having it synced and restarted. which means i still cannot use fitbit pay
Best Answer
0 Votes

so frustrating! why did the card stop suddenly. and now it cannot be synced! total waste of time! looks like it’s time to switch to the apple watch for good

Best Answer
0 Votes

In the wallet on fitbit app, can you click on the card and then set as default on the fitbit device?

Best Answer
0 Votes
i already did and shut down and restarted. 🤦🏻‍:female_sign:
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue too with my Charge 5. Been using my UOB Visa on Fitbit Pay without issues until 1 Jan 2024; could not pay for public transport. Called UOB and the kind lady verified my card for me. But it still does not work. Now I can't add the card to the Wallet at all. Very frustrating.

Best Answer
0 Votes

When you click and set as default, did it still remain as blue and displays "Set as default on 'fitbit device'" instead of greyed out? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
It couldn’t get greyed out, no matter how many times i clicked on it.
Best Answer