Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to pair Versa after factory reset.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I had to recently factory reset my phone. Everything else seems to be working fine on my phone (other blutetooth connections, for example) but my versa is no longer syncing to the fitbit app on my phone. I logged into my account in the app and the fitbit itself is tracking but I cannot sync it in the app. I can also see my fitbit in the app but is hasnt synced since before I reset my phone. I have a samsung galaxy s7 and the software on the phone is updated. I gave the app the needed permissions and have tried reinstalling the app, restarting my phone several times, and restarting the fitbit several times as well. Do I need to repair it with my phone over wifi due to the factory rest of my phone? 

**Edit** I just noticed it synced my steps for today but still says that it was last synced last Wednesday and doesn't have any information for the last few days even though I wore the fitbit every day-it only has the steps for today??

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Doing a factory reset removes the tracker from your Account, but your account does not know this.

If you haven't done so yet, the Versa needs to be setup as a new tracker.

This is done by doing an add device through the app.

How do I set up my Fitbit device?

Set up and get started using your new device
Best Answer

Thank you for your help! Versa is setting up as I type. Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @tlchauser and @Kltklady, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. It's great to see you too @Rich_Laue, thanks for all your help. Smiley Happy

Please note that as @Rich_Laue mentioned, after performing a Factory Reset on your Versa, you will need to set up your Versa as a new device as the factory reset will remove all the information that was not synced form the Versa, including apps you have installed. Please follow the instructions on the link kindly provided by @Rich_Laue to set up your Versa as a new device and if you're still having trouble with it, please reply to us so we can check this further. 

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else we can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer