Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to receive Notifications from Samsung Galaxy 7.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi my versa does not recieve any notifications any more. It use to recieve call, tests and email then my samsung 7 had an update and since then nothing comes through.

Any idea what i can try??

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @Tasious89-, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

Thanks for taking the time to report this to us. Have you restarted your Versa recently by pressing and holding the Back and Select buttons (left and bottom right) until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen? Have you checked if your Versa is not currently on the Do Not Disturb Mode? You can check this by pressing the button on the left for 2 seconds. In the next screen swipe left and check that Notifications are ON. If everything seems right with your tracker I would like to suggest you to reset Notifications from the Fitbit app following these steps:

- Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and tap on tracker. Then tap on Forget this Device. 

- Force-close the Fitbit app.

- Open the app again and tap on Account > Versa > Notifications.

- Then, the app will begin setting up your tracker with the Bluetooth on your phone.

- Once you get back to the tracker options, tap on Notifications an enable the ones you'd like to receive. 

Additionally, if the connection between your phone and Fitbit device is unstable, Bluetooth signals might be susceptible to disconnecting or dropping occasionally, which is why I would like to ask you to please check the following:

• Make sure Enable Notification Widget is on. You can find this with the other notification settings in the Fitbit app.
  • Make sure Always Connected is on. This improves your Bluetooth connection but also drains your Fitbit device's battery more quickly. Turn it off and on as you prefer.
  • Make sure the Fitbit app is allowed to run in the background on your phone. For more information, see Why is the Fitbit app sending a notification to my Android phone?

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Hi there @Tasious89-, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

Thanks for taking the time to report this to us. Have you restarted your Versa recently by pressing and holding the Back and Select buttons (left and bottom right) until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen? Have you checked if your Versa is not currently on the Do Not Disturb Mode? You can check this by pressing the button on the left for 2 seconds. In the next screen swipe left and check that Notifications are ON. If everything seems right with your tracker I would like to suggest you to reset Notifications from the Fitbit app following these steps:

- Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and tap on tracker. Then tap on Forget this Device. 

- Force-close the Fitbit app.

- Open the app again and tap on Account > Versa > Notifications.

- Then, the app will begin setting up your tracker with the Bluetooth on your phone.

- Once you get back to the tracker options, tap on Notifications an enable the ones you'd like to receive. 

Additionally, if the connection between your phone and Fitbit device is unstable, Bluetooth signals might be susceptible to disconnecting or dropping occasionally, which is why I would like to ask you to please check the following:

• Make sure Enable Notification Widget is on. You can find this with the other notification settings in the Fitbit app.
  • Make sure Always Connected is on. This improves your Bluetooth connection but also drains your Fitbit device's battery more quickly. Turn it off and on as you prefer.
  • Make sure the Fitbit app is allowed to run in the background on your phone. For more information, see Why is the Fitbit app sending a notification to my Android phone?

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

Thank you so much Marco the first thing you suggested has worked.

Many thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes