Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to receive Notifications on Versa.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Versa is rubbish. I have had it for 2 months now and I do not receive notifications. I keep emailing support and they keep sending the same reply, they are working on the problem and thank you for your patience. Not good enough. Meanwhile they continue to sell this rubbish

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Hello,
Today I decided to have another go at resetting my Versa to the factory settings as suggested by @Marrrmaduke. I then followed the instructions suggested by @MarcoGFitbit. Suddenly my Versa received a notification and they have been coming through all day.
A huge thank you @Marrrmaduke for helping get my Fitbit back on track and @MarcoGFitbit for your suggestion. Fingers crossed I continue to receive notifications. I now Love my Versa

Sent from my iPhone

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
20 REPLIES 20

@TeddyG I am sorry to hear that you're having problems with your Versa. Is there a question coming or is it a mere statement of fact? Sorry, but it would really help if you shared some basic info - phone model, OS, Versa's firmware version, Fitbit mobile app version. Perhaps we can help.

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

Best Answer
Hi there
I have a Versa 32.10.15 and an iPhone 7 iOS 12.1. I don’t receive notifications. I have been in constant communication with Fitbit support for the past 2 months since receiving my Fitbit. All they do is thank me for my patience and tell me they have been working on a resolution since September but they are not yet able to fix the problem. I have tried reinstalling my Versa several times. Disconnecting and reconnecting my Bluetooth and turning the notification toggle on and off. Nothing works. Do you have any suggestions that might help me.
Thank you

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

@TeddyG Sorry for my reply, Teddy. I had to get back home to check my iPhone 7 settings. I use it as a back-up phone as I'm primarily on Droid. I've been seeing quite a few comments on the forum from iPhone users who are on iOS 12.1... I never updated and am still running 12.01. My question to you would be- did your Versa worked with earlier iOS version? Also, could you please explain what you mean by reinstalling Versa? Do you mean wiping it (restoring to factory defaults = factory reset)?

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
Hi there,
I had just updated to iOS 12.1 hoping it would fix the problem which existed with the previous iOS version but that didn’t help.
So I went to forget this Versa and removed it from my phone. I then set it up as a new device. I have done this several times and each time I turn off and restart my phone. I don’t know what else to try. I appreciate you taking the time to try to help me!! Cheers

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

@TeddyG I must say this is weird. What I would do (I know it's frustrating and kinda shooting blind), but I would wipe Versa (go to Settings on your tracker>About>Factory Reset). I am recommending this because the Factory Reset will force Versa to download the newest firmware (.19). Before factory reset, please delete Versa from your account (ugh! I know i know), remove it from paired devices on your phone, uninstall fitbit app, reboot your phone and install the app. Once Versa shows its set me up screen (after factory reset), open fitbit app, log in and follow the instructions. I would not add wifi though. I would perform the whole update via Bluetooth, which might take loooong (2 hours). Report back.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
I followed your directions and set my Versa back to factory settings. My Versa has updated to .19 but unfortunately this hasn’t fixed the problem. My Versa has not notified me of any of the calls or txts I received this morning. I really appreciate the time you have taken to try and help me with this problem. It is frustrating especially since I didn’t have this problem with my Alta which I lost due to a faulty band. Fitbit support didn’t even reply to my last email and I am now trying to deal with the retailer. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@TeddyG I am so sorry to hear that. I honestly feel we have tried everything. @JuanJoFitbit @MarcoGFitbit @AlejandraFitbit, you've always been so great helping us resolving issues, could you please take a look at Teddy's ticket? Thank you so much for your hard work! And thank you @TeddyG for your patience. 

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you so much!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hello @TeddyG, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around the Fitbit Community. It's great to see you too @Marrrmaduke, thanks for bringing this situation to our attention. Smiley Happy

@TeddyG, I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. I appreciate you have already tried some troubleshooting steps and have updated the firmware on your Versa already. At this moment, I would like to suggest you to go to your phone Settings > Notifications > Fitbit and make sure the following is enabled:

NuNot.png

If this is already enabled, disable everything, then restart your phone and enable everything back. 

I appreciate your patience and understanding, give these steps a try and let us know the outcome! 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello,
Today I decided to have another go at resetting my Versa to the factory settings as suggested by @Marrrmaduke. I then followed the instructions suggested by @MarcoGFitbit. Suddenly my Versa received a notification and they have been coming through all day.
A huge thank you @Marrrmaduke for helping get my Fitbit back on track and @MarcoGFitbit for your suggestion. Fingers crossed I continue to receive notifications. I now Love my Versa

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

@TeddyG Yay! I am so happy! Just out of curiosity, which version of Versa's firmware did you get? @MarcoGFitbit Thank you so much for help! You're the best.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi there
I’m pretty happy to!! I got the same version as when I first tried 32.22.19. Thanks again everyone

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hello @TeddyG and @Marrrmaduke, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you back. Smiley Happy

@TeddyG, I appreciate you have come back and let us know your issue has now been resolved and you're able to receive Notifications, I'm very glad! 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi there,
My Versa has reverted to not receiving notifications again. This is what happened when I first set it up. I received notifications for the first week and then they stopped. The same thing has happened again. Do you think exchanging my device will make a difference or is this a widespread problem with iPhone users.
Thanks for your help

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@TeddyG Oh no... I am truly sorry to hear that. You know at this point, it does not hurt to exchange it. What really boggles me is why it stops working. It works then puff... I have had a quite a few fitbit devices and I remember I had similar issues with my Charge HR. It was working then it stopped syncing entirely. I had to perform magic tricks etc, but then at some point Fitbit ironed out all the bugs and the device again worked as designed. But, it's neither here nor there. You should be able to enjoy it that's why I would give an exchange a shot. One more thing that comes to my mind is... other bluetooth devices. You see Versa is possessive... Very jealous little thang. I noticed that if I had my bose earbuds paired (and God forbid) connected to my phone, Versa would stop syncing/connecting. So, if you have anything else paired with your bluetooth I would remove it and see if that helps. Yes, I know the BT connection should be more stable... Another thing, does a quick unpairing from Bluetooth, toggling it OFF/ON, and forcing sync (and pairing) from within the app works? I still have to perform the abbreviated version of the procedure from time to time.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi again, yes very frustrating! I do regularly unpair from Bluetooth and then reconnect, turn my phone off and on and turn off and on the notifications toggle. Often it will work for a while and then just stops. I will try unpairing my other Bluetooth devices and see how that goes. Unfortunately Fitbit aren’t making it easy for me to exchange my device, but I will preserve. Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I'm having the same problem with my Versa.  I'm following the steps in this thread to factory reset and try again.  I am on Android, not iPhone though.  So, it doesn't relegated to one set of software.

Best Answer
Good luck, I hope it works for you! Thanks for feedback re android. I must I admit I thought it was an iPhone problem as people I know using Versa with android haven’t had any problems.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@TeddyG It unfortunately affects both iOS and Android. Perhaps even more Android as it is so fragmented. 

@tesser88 One more tip I can share with you as you're on Android is to downgrade to Fitbit mobile app version 2.74.2. I find it to be the most stable and working quite well with the abbreviated version of the procedure. 

Good luck, guys.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes