Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to receive Notifications on my Versa.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have searched for a solution and tried every option suggested by Fitbit and am still having issues with notifications going form my phone to my Versa. I have a Galaxy S8, so the phone is definitely new and it's running the newest software version. I get texts sporadically (at best) and same with calendar notifications - but the one thing that NEVER comes through are emails from my Gmail app. Anyone have an idea on how to fix this? I've got the app turned on, on my phone and on the app and on the phone - nothing works. I REALLY don't want to return my Versa because I love everything else about it - but for $200.00 this thing should buzz when an email comes in and the phone is sitting right next to me. Right?

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14

Hello @KrissyFace, I hope you're doing well, it's great to see you around. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have brought this issue affecting Notifications on your Versa to my attention and I would like to thank you for already trying some troubleshooting steps. In this case I would like to suggest you to try the following if you haven't yet:

1. Restart your Versa by pressing and holding the Back and Select buttons (left and bottom right) until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen.
  2. Turn off notifications. 
  3. Reboot your mobile device.
  4. In the Fitbit app, tap Allow notifications access and allow access to the Fitbit Notification Service, and then turn on call, text, or calendar notifications.

If you're still not receiving notifications, set up notifications again:

1. Unpair your tracker in your mobile device's Bluetooth settings. If you are unsure how to verify or change settings for your mobile device, refer to instructions provided by your device manufacturer. For most Android mobile devices, tap Settings > Bluetooth, find your tracker in the list of paired devices, and then tap Forget or Forget Device to unpair your tracker.
  2. Reboot your mobile device.
  3. In the Fitbit app, tap Allow notifications access and allow access to the Fitbit Notification Service, and then turn on call, text, or calendar notifications.

Additionally, as your Versa seems to have trouble receiving Gmail notifications, I would like to suggest you to go to the Fitbit app > Account > Versa > Notifications > App Notifications and check enable the box for Gmail in here, then check if you're receiving notifications from this app. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let me know the outcome! 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Marco. I was able to figure it out, but it was kind of obscure.

I had my "do not disturb" thing turned on in my Messages+ app, which was causing the notifications to not push to my Versa. Turning that off fixed 85% of my issues. However, I'm having an issue with all-day-sync still. I have that option turned on as well as having the "always connected" and the "keep-alive widget" options checked, but I still miss occasional notifications. I then go into the Fitbit app and see that my Versa hasn't synced for 2 or 3 hours. Why does this happen is I have the "all day sync" option selected? I'm convinced that's the issue with missing occasional notifications because, after I physically sync it, my notifications will all start coming through again. Anything you have to fix this little glitch would be helpful. Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@KrissyFace  I had a problem with getting intermittent notifications for my text messages and I'm getting no notifications for email.  I'll share what I've learned. 

I have been using the texting app Textra for texting on my phone but I also have Messages (default text app came on the Samsung phone) and Message+ (default texting app from Verizon).  I had selected Textra as my text notification but was only getting 80% of the texts.  Now I've gone in and selected Messages as well under the app notifications.  I expected to get double notifications but I haven't.  And, bonus, I'm getting all my texts.  I think some applications don't work as well with Fitbit as others.  I'll continue to use Textra on my phone but have both Textra and Messages selected for my Versa.

For my email I use BlueMail.  It was annoying me that BlueMail would alert me to new mail by blinking my led on my phone.  I went into the settings for BlueMail and configured that app to add a little number to the envelope icon but to NOT blink the led and to NOT have anything appear in the Notification line of my phone.  I've figured out that because I did this, FitBit isn't picking up on my new emails.  There's nothing wrong with my Fitbit notification settings.  So, I've decided that I don't really want email notifications to my Versa and I'm not going to change any of those settings in BlueMail or add a second email app for notifications.

My point to all of this is that maybe it's the settings in the particular app (like you've discovered with Message+) and not something that needs to be changed in either your phone settings or the FitBit settings.

Kathy | USA
Versa SE, Charge 2, Samsung Galaxy S10+
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Kathy! I'll definitely go in and check the default Samsung "Messaging" app, just in case. Much appreciated!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi: I had a similar problem with the galaxy s8. I was getting all notifications including email, text, apps, calls and then one day the email notifications just stopped working. I tried every published Fitbit solution and even chatted with customer service and opened a ticket. Nothing worked. 

I then noticed that while I was getting email notifications on my phone I was not getting a notification sound.  I went into settings on the phone, selected the app option and then selected gmail.  From there, I selected notifications under the app settings. On the next screen I clicked the mail option.  On the next screen I clicked on importance and then selected the high option. On the previous screen I made sure I also selected a sound for the email application. After this my emails notifications have been coming through on the versa flawlessly.  I even turned notifications off on the versa at night and turn back on in morning and notifications start right back up.

i also get emails from my non gmail email account so I repeated the process above for the email app.

i have Android 8.0.0 oreoon my phone.  Hope this solves your problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Make sure your phone is not on silent if it's on silent notifications do not come through you have to keep it on vibrate or have the sound on

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yeah, that one I knew. 🙂 Thank u, though!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Please delete

Best Answer
0 Votes

@KrissyFace wrote:
Yeah, that one I knew. 🙂 Thank u, though!

Hold the left button down on your Versa until the Screen Wake and Notifications show up on the watch. Check to make sure they are on. 

Best Answer

I don't have gmail.  I need to change it to att email service how do I change that on the versa. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you change the email the versa is using

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have both gmail and another email provider. Th way I got the notifications from the other email was to click on the versa picture in the upper right corner of the Fitbit dashboard on your phone. I then clicked on the notifications link under the general section,  I then clicked on app notifications on the next screen.  I then scrolled down to the icon for email(not gmail) and checked it.  As long as att mail is sending notifications to your phone, they should come over to your versa.  Hope it works.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had that same problem and what I had to do was to allow preview message. It's a privacy setting in your phone messaging app 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This fixed my problem. Second time my notifications have mysteriously gotten turned off 

Best Answer
0 Votes