Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to unlock clock face for Versa

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there,

I hve bought a clockface via Fitface.

I have payed and now i am unable to unlock because i have this error in Fitbit

Resource Blocked by content blocker on my iphone 7  Ios 12.

Can somebody help me out.

I have turn off the  Block pop ups in Safari and  tracker.

Thx

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
13 REPLIES 13

Hi @Stofke74, welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for the steps you've tried so far in order to unlock the clock face you purchased for your Versa.

All apps and clock faces in the Fitbit App Gallery are free to download. However, some apps and clock faces require a paid subscription service or a one-time activation fee (to a developer). If a developer requires an activation fee, you may see a message in the app or clock face description:

For these apps and clock faces, the developer will process and provide instructions for payment. Many developers use the third party service KiezelPay to accept payment for their app or clock face. For more information, see KiezelPay’s FAQ.

For future references, with third party apps, note that Fitbit doesn't own or maintain third party integrations. To contact the developer please open their app on the Fitbit App Gallery, scroll/swipe down and under "App Details" you will find the information.

I'll be around if there's anything else I may do to assist you. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the reply MarreFitbit.

It seems nobody has a clear answer on my question.

I bought a Clockface , via Fitface and payed with Visa. So far no problem.

Payment is ok by Fitface , so i can use my clockface , just by simple press the unlock button in the Fitbit app  ->My versa -> select those 3 ... in the upper right corner ->  Setting. There you can find the unlock button and my credentials within Fitface.

Once I Press on unlock, there is a banner that this is not possible, because of " content blocker"

I send a mail to Fitface , request for support. They replied quit fast with the answer that they send no content that has to be blocked.

You can switch of the " content blocker " in general setting -> Safari, but this selection is not visible in the dutch version of iOs.

In the Eng version, you see this option.

I googled already some hours on the net for a solution, but no solution so far.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem! I just updated my iPhone 7 and it removed my already paid for clockface. After I reinstalled the clockface & entered my credentials to unlock it it says it’s blocked by a content blocker. Please fix fitbit!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Stofke74 

I think this may be caused by IOS ad blocker. I don't know why because we are not sending ads.
Can you try to disable the 'content blocker'  :
 - Open Settings on iOS
 - Scroll down and choose the Safari tab
 - Click on the Content Blockers button and disable StopAd

If you still have a problem, please send us an email at support@fitface.xyz

unnamed.jpg
Best Answer
0 Votes

iPhone 8 same issue - fitface site shows I bought the clock ... neither company has come up with a real solution to a problem that is happening... please provide a solution.   Otherwise, I question why you show these clock faces for purchase that do NOT work with Fitbit.   This is wasting my time... trying to solve ... 

Still getting "Content Blocked" when I try to unlock the clock face... already purchased it... 

My phone does NOT have the screens you show for SafarI Settings 

New York City - USA version

Anton

Best Answer

Hi @AntonRoo , have you contacted us on support@fitface.xyz ? This is the best way to have a quick answer to your problem, we don't scan this Fitbit help forum very often.

Trust me, we don't spend time and energy to develop clockfaces that don't work. All the clockfaces you can find in the Fitbit gallery have been tested and approved by the Fitbit team. They ensure everything should work correctly on a normal phone.

We first thought the Content Blocked problem was due to the iOS content blocker but it also seems to appear when the needed permissions are disabled in the Fitbit app. This is a Fitbit bug and I think they are working on it, I am sure you can find another post in this forum with this problem.

Can you check the permissions button is still visible for this clockface? And check that the permissions are granted? Can you also try to uninstall/reinstall the clockface?

And have you tried this clockface : https://gallery.fitbit.com/details/0799c9f7-8aa4-4795-9af2-8f8087654321 ?

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Fitface 🙂

I am having the same issue as the others.  What I find super interesting is when I first used Fitface, I had no issues and then all of a sudden, I not only get the "Resource blocked by content blocker" but also a bunch of Permission Issues (none of which are valid).  

I do not see the "Content Blockers" information in settings for Safari (the last line I see on my phone is Block Pop Ups) so I'm at a complete loss.  I was so excited to find Fitface and am disappointed that I can't get past these issues.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same problem now and I solved it this way:

- Go to Fitface permissions

- Set the Toggle All switch OFF

- Set the Toggle ALL switch ON

- Go back (Details tap)

- Close the Fitbit app and then open it again

Best Answer

Thank you so much for trying to help me.  I do not get a "permissions" choice in Fitface.  I do see this with other clock faces I have downloaded from the Fitbit app but not Fitface.  So frustrating!  

Thanks again.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Ah, I forgot:

With the Fitface clock selected, press "more details" (it's under Settings)
then you will see permissions.

Let me know if it works for you.
Best Answer

I don't get that choice.  When I click on Settings, I immediately get "Permissions Issues Detected" and then a list what they believe are issues.  1. Internet permission 2. Location permission 3. Run in background permission 4. Group storage permission.  It states to ensure all the needed permissions are granted which I've done.  However, I cannot find anything related to group storage.  And there's a "Refresh" button.  I press that and nothing.  Below all that it says "Log in to Fitface".  If I try to do that, I get "Resource blocked by content blocker".  I Googled that and it has to do with settings in Safari but I also did not see what I was told to "fix" on my phone.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Cindyrad you should be able to checnge the permisssions of our clockface in the Fitbit app.

When the permission button disappears it is a Fitbit bug... and when it happens all the permissions are also removed (that why you see all the warnings in the settings page).

The solution is to uninstall the clockface and reinstall it and/or contact Fitbit for help. Please explain the permissions button is not accessible anymore in the Fitbit app, let's hope they will not say it is our fault 😛

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you!!!  I will give this a try.  Hopefully Fitbit will help because I really do like Fitface!!!  

Best Answer
0 Votes