Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update messed up my watch

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just ran the update and now my watch isn't tracking steps. Tried restarting, etc., but I  see I'm not the only one. So what are we supposed to do now?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @KP300 -  did you try Shutdown from the watch Settings About menu. Wait at least 10 seconds [to allow it to complete] before placing it on charge to restart it and charge it. If it's already charged just push the button for a second and wait.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Hi @KP300 -  did you try Shutdown from the watch Settings About menu. Wait at least 10 seconds [to allow it to complete] before placing it on charge to restart it and charge it. If it's already charged just push the button for a second and wait.

Best Answer

Thank you so much for your suggestion.  I had already done a restart by holding down the button, but it didn't seem to help.  I just gave up, and then a few hours later it seemed to be working properly again, so I didn't get an opportunity to try what you suggested.  But I appreciate the reply.

Best Answer

This worked for me. Scrolled to the settings icon on the watch, clicked about and then clicked shutdown. 

Best Answer

Once again, watch isn't recording steps--very frustrating.  I did the shutdown as suggested, but nothing.  It seems to work intermittently.  I am about to give up in disgust.

Best Answer

@KP300-  if the watch is under warranty, 1-2 years depending on where you live, try chatting with Fitbit via the App, click profile photo, Help & support, Contact Customer support, and they will talk you through a factory reset, which may resolve the problem, make no difference or make the watch unusable [due to a possible bug in the process].

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree.  My watch worked fine until I ran the update. 

Best Answer

To what button are you referring and did you lose data from the point of update to the point of restart?  Seems I fitbit never tracked my workout this morning.

Best Answer
0 Votes

GOOD LUCK! This update screwed my watch up and I did everything they told me to do. Shut it off and back on, Changed the clock face, AND factory reset. Nothing worked. Now that they know there is no fixing it and that THEIR UPDATE is the reason my watch is screwed they say hey too bad but here's 35% off for a new watch even though yours was fine until the update ended. 😉 currently looking in to seeing if I have a case. 

Best Answer
0 Votes