Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Versa to track swimming in an infinity pool

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Please add a swim mode for those of us who swim in an lap pool with an endless jet machine. You have a treadmill setting for runners. You should have the equivalent for swimmers. 

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Hi, @Mokadallas, I have to admit that I don't know what an infinity pool is (not sure that this has come to the UK yet!) but whenever you have a suggestion or idea for a new feature or improvement for your Fitbit, the place to post this is on the Feature Suggestion Forum.  There people can vote for, and comment on, your suggestions.

The more votes, the more likely a feature is to be implemented.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am not sure how it would track distance for an infinity pool.  It would be like an open water swim but GPS would not help since you are in the same place, and counting strokes would not help since everyone has a different stroke per distance rate.

KC | Texas
One, Charge HR, Charge 2, Versa | Galaxy S9 Plus
Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m no programmer but couldn’t they take your data from swimming in a regular pool and apply it to this issue?  Seems pretty easy fix to me

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think the analogy with treadmill here is correct - Versa also does not know what distance you have really run on the treadmill but calculates by the stride length. So similar logic here for swimming.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@wizaard, good idea!  But at this time there is no place to input your swimming stroke length (analogous to walking or running stride length), or a built in way of calculating distance per stroke, so that would have to be written and programmed.  

Instead, for swimming, the program relies on your entering your pool length and the Fitbit working out when you are turning (others have noted that yu need to turn in a particularly deliberate way so that Fitbit "sees" that you have completed a lap).

Hwever, you might want to detail this idea and add it to the Feature Suggestion forum.  If there are enough infinity pool users it might catch on...

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes

In the product by Endless Pools Inc. in the US, one sets the current flow rate for the swim session in "minutes to swim 100 yards". So if the current speed is set to 2, every 2 minutes of swimming is equivalent to 200 yards.

For fitbit to support these swims means allowing us to enter our pace whilst they track time and convert to distance.

Best Answer