Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using recumbent bike and treadmill

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I use my recumbent bike or the treadmill my arms are stationary.  How does the Versa track my activity?  Do I need to somehow put it on my ankle?

Best Answer
17 REPLIES 17

Is it necessary to input bike tire size or with swimming, the pool length?? How about a stationary bike and elliptical machine

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is it necessary to input bike tire size or with swimming, the pool length?? How about a stationary bike and elliptical machine. Is it possible to track distance and calories?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a recumbent bike as well. Following thread 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I ended up giving up on my Fitbit Versa.  It did not track my primary activities well, the recumbent bike, treadmill.  It did fine with my water activities but I want something that will measure all of my activities.  I really felt bad because there were many features of the Versa that I really liked a lot. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am going to try some of the FitBit routines along with my recumbent bike to see if I can get moving again. Very sedentary job for last 6 months has really made a difference in physical well being. 

Best Answer

I know it is not the “official” Fitbit answer ... and it does not track heart rate correctly ... but when I use my recumbent cross fit or my paddle boat on the lake at our cottage, I remove the band from my Fitbit device and tuck it into an ankle band like this one. It tracks “steps” only but that is what I am mainly interested in.

Best Answer

Thanks for the suggestion, obviously since this band made for these trackers, it's a problem for many.  I did have a Misfit and that easily came off the band and attached to a clip so you could put it on your shoe and track accurately.  Unlike the misfit which was made for doing this, the Versa was not easily taken off the band so it is not something I would want to be doing frequently either. 

At this point I have returned the Versa since it was not tracking my most frequent activities, except for swimming.  I am hoping that the Apple series 4 will work better for me when it comes out later this month.  Too bad because there were many features that I really liked about the Versa, and of course it is a bit less expensive than the Apple. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

On my recumbent bike, I simply put my Versa 2 into my sock, it tracks my heart and sees my excercise activity as elliptical,  but seems close enough. 

Best Answer

What I do is just have my hands lightly sitting on my thighs and when I pedal they end up rubbing my thighs. My hands do tingle after though. But I might be looking into another type of activity tracker if they don't add a spinning app soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Schneidervision - I do something similar when I’m out on my paddle boat - legs moving like crazy but no hand motion. The only difference is that I purchased an ankle band With a mesh pocket on Amazon and use that. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
thanks, I'll try that!
Best Answer

Did you find a smartwatch that will track on the recumbent bike. If so I would like to know which one?

Best Answer
0 Votes
My Versa 3 has a spinning mode, it tracks my heartrate and number of
minutes, so that is how I'm doing it now.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got a recumbent bike that I'm getting started with and am wondering the same thing. 

I tried using "workout" and that seems to match pretty closely with what the bike is saying. I was really disappointed to see that recumbent bike wasn't an option and the bike option was not at all what I needed.

When I use my treadmill I just select treadmill from exercise on my Versa2 when I'm starting out. I sometimes forget to stop it right when I'm done, but it's close enough. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
"Spinning" is what I'm using when on my recumbent bike.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've found that if I rest my left hand on my thigh, it counts the revolutions perfectly.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'll try doing that, thanks!
Best Answer
0 Votes