Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VERSA 2 - Fitbit OS 4.1.1 Firmware Update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 2/6

Fitbit OS 4.1.1 (Firmware Version: 35.70.7.21) for VERSA 2 smartwatches has been released to 100% of users. If you haven't yet, please make sure you update your watch to this new firmware. 

If you recently purchased or set up your Versa 2, you might not see this firmware available to you yet. Continue syncing the watch and in a few days or less, you'll be prompted to update to this firmware. 

Fitbit Update: 1/31

Hi, Versa 2 users!

We’re excited to announce the release of Fitbit OS 4.1.1 (Firmware Version: 35.70.7.21) exclusively for Versa 2 Smartwatches. 

We've begun releasing this new firmware to customers. This is a progressive rollout which means everyone will receive it at different stages until it has been completely released to all users. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. 

*Firmware releases are not distributed based on region or location and can reach anyone no matter where you reside. We do not recommend performing a factory reset to force the update to your device as your data will be lost and you may not get the update. Please be patient and wait until you see the update banner inside of the Fitbit app to begin the firmware download.

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

The update includes the following: 

•  We optimized the algorithm used to track your heart rate on Versa 2 to complement our latest hardware.
    • Bug fixes and other improvements.

For more information on the new features included in Fitbit OS 4.1.1 check out this article. You can also check out our press release

HOW DO I UPDATE?

Step by step instructions for updating your Versa 2 can be found here

If you run into any trouble updating your Versa 2, I recommend reviewing these troubleshooting tips. If you have any issues after completing the update, when in doubt, try a restart on the watch. 

How to restart your watch:

1. For Fitbit Versa 2, hold the back(left) button for 10 seconds.
  2. Let go of the button.

We appreciate your patience while we work to roll this out to everyone. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
350 REPLIES 350

I just tried updating my Versa 2. It's dead. It won't turn on. It started the update just fine. I came back to it 5 minutes later, and it is dead. Nothing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

i just tried the update. Mine is now dead as well.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am still having the issue with logging water intake.

both phone and watch are on the latest versions. 
watch was only bought this week and so far not super happy with the purchase. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
It all has to do with the last update and I have sent an email to corporate with no response but we should each be sending emails so they know how many have been affected.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
This has been going on for more than a month with the Versa 2, wouldn’t it be nice to hear from the company on this huge product issue, Covid aside, The lack of response from the company is enough to keep me from ever investing in any Fitbit product. This has been a very disappointing experience, I have a 10 week old bracelet that doesn’t work. Fitbit needs to get their act together, I’m telling others
Best Answer
Today I received an email from the "escalations" team and they are sending me a replacement watch just like I had. It will be interesting to see how long it lasts as they made it clear this would be a "one time" replacement. I also replied I felt it was Facebook's obligation to get everyone else's watches fixed due to the March update.Good luck.

Best Answer
I agree! Very disappointing.

I have also noticed that the data from previous days is also disappearing when I enter new data to the water intake too.

I only bought the watch last week and so far incredibly disappointed! Definitely not worth the price point; telling friends and family to avoid Fitbit from now on. Shame because I used to be a big fan.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I agree, I will never purchase another Fitbit and will tell others the same.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am still having issues with the versa after the update. I charge the watch to 100% and if I power it off it will not turn back on with the left button I have to press all 3 buttons at the same time for 12+ seconds and then the watch says 0% battery. I started having this problem 2 weeks after my warranty was up. I know that a lot of us have been having problems after the update. When you pay $175 to $200 dollars for a product and after only a year you start having problems right after the warranty is up is bull.... We need for them to be accountable for this product. I don't use Apple products because of that and now Fitbit...

Sent from Xfinity Connect Application
Best Answer
I went on the Fitbit website and went to contacts and complained about what was happening and finally got a free replacement after 3 days with techs trying to fix it and also wrote that Fitbit owes it to it's customers to fix the problems from the update and that I would do everything in my power to discourage people from buying any fitbit!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I was contacted by Fitbit two days ago and they have asked me for a breakdown of what is going on with my Versa 2, they have my info and will get back when they do I’ll let the community know.
Best Answer
0 Votes

The update starts then I get a message update failed 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same issue and just kept restarting the update until it worked. I think it took me about six or seven tries.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AlessFitbit  Ever since my Versa 2 received the update to Version 35.70.7.21, I've been experiencing significant performance issues and critical software defects that re-syncing and re-starting have not resolved.

@LizzyFitbit  Even responded to me back on Mar 13th and said that she opened up a case (#34926919) with the Fitbit Support team on my behalf.  I was contacted directly by the support team, but their remediation instructions were just to re-sync, restart, and reboot.

I'm becoming increasingly frustrated with the lack of updates from the product development and technology support side on these glaring issues with the latest version of the Versa 2 Fitbit OS: significantly reduced battery life/performance (2-3 days max), multiple impromptu device restarts (10-12 times a day), multiple manual device restarts (6-10 times a day) due to unresponsive swipes, and inaccurate time tracking (off by approx. 5 minutes until re-sync).

Please provide an update on what the Fitbit team is doing to fix these severe flaws in the OS and get their customers back up and "running" again.

Thank you!

Sincerely,

Kevin

Best Answer
I have been trying to update my fit bit for 5 days now it just keep telling me to start update again I am greeting very sick of this please help

Jeremy Mayfield #19 is only one that matters to me!!!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

The Versa 2 has been a complete disappointment; particularly for its value.  The screen would not swipe so I sought advise.  Every post I read from Fitbit was to perform hard reboot.  I tried ALL the suggested reboots and now I have an "X" with "Data not cleared.  Sync and try again". I've attempted everything for three days and nothing works!  I purchased this device in November, 2019.  How do I get a replacement?  Any help, please!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I called Fitbit customer service and I am getting a new one in 5 to 10
Business days

Best Answer
We all need to flood corporate with our anger over such a sloppy device and make our anger heard.

Best Answer
Yep you are so right

Best Answer
Thank you so much. I will do the same.
Best Answer
0 Votes