Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VERSA 2 - Fitbit OS 4.1.1 Firmware Update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 2/6

Fitbit OS 4.1.1 (Firmware Version: 35.70.7.21) for VERSA 2 smartwatches has been released to 100% of users. If you haven't yet, please make sure you update your watch to this new firmware. 

If you recently purchased or set up your Versa 2, you might not see this firmware available to you yet. Continue syncing the watch and in a few days or less, you'll be prompted to update to this firmware. 

Fitbit Update: 1/31

Hi, Versa 2 users!

We’re excited to announce the release of Fitbit OS 4.1.1 (Firmware Version: 35.70.7.21) exclusively for Versa 2 Smartwatches. 

We've begun releasing this new firmware to customers. This is a progressive rollout which means everyone will receive it at different stages until it has been completely released to all users. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. 

*Firmware releases are not distributed based on region or location and can reach anyone no matter where you reside. We do not recommend performing a factory reset to force the update to your device as your data will be lost and you may not get the update. Please be patient and wait until you see the update banner inside of the Fitbit app to begin the firmware download.

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

The update includes the following: 

•  We optimized the algorithm used to track your heart rate on Versa 2 to complement our latest hardware.
    • Bug fixes and other improvements.

For more information on the new features included in Fitbit OS 4.1.1 check out this article. You can also check out our press release

HOW DO I UPDATE?

Step by step instructions for updating your Versa 2 can be found here

If you run into any trouble updating your Versa 2, I recommend reviewing these troubleshooting tips. If you have any issues after completing the update, when in doubt, try a restart on the watch. 

How to restart your watch:

1. For Fitbit Versa 2, hold the back(left) button for 10 seconds.
  2. Let go of the button.

We appreciate your patience while we work to roll this out to everyone. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
350 REPLIES 350
I am glad someone has had a goid experience!

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I am in the same boat, I received my brand new Versa2 yesterday, set it all up as per instructions on watch and app but seem to have the old firmware and not this new one. I wanted to set up smart wake but it’s not available as an option. Find it hard to believe that they’re sending out new devices with old firmware on!

Did you get an option to update after a couple of days? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

It can take a couple of days or a couple of hours

It's exactly the same as if you got a new smartphone if they come after a new update is released it will come out of the box with the firmware that was installed at date of manufacture

Keep an eye on the Fitbit app connect your versa to WiFi when it's ready you'll see an update option at the top 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was hoping to get the SP02 functionality that I keep hearing about so was just checking to see if I have the latest firmware,. 21 is what I am on but there is no SP02 anywhere in my app or watch. I really would benefit from this feature right now but feel left out. What's the deal with the feature, is it still not available for everyone? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Missmagick tap on the sleep tile on the app main screen to display your sleep score, tap on this and then tap on 'restoration' scroll down and you should see the EOV graph.

Best Answer

Found it! Thanks 👍

I thought it would be more than that the way there have been articles going on about it for months. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Missmagick I know, I would much prefer an actual SpO2 percentage score as to me that makes much more sense.  My wife has severe refractory eosinophilic asthma and her Garmin Vivomove gives an average SpO2 percentage as well as it's minimum value which we find really useful for comparing her nebuliser use at home.  Find that far more useful that the EOV graph, but at least we have something from Fitbit.

Best Answer

Hi, 

I have a new versa 2. I have had many problems with syncing (my many previous fitbit worked well) it and continual dropping of Bluetooth connection too. 

I was relieved to see the update. My fitbit has the update now (took about 5 hours?!) but I Still have the same Bluetooth and syncing problems. I am very frustrated since I am very loyal to the brand and feel let down that my versa 2 is not working. 😔

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have updated my Versa to the new firmware and now it wont charge.  I have cleaned the contacts and done a reset...?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My screen is freezing and the little green lights on the back are off.  I have been trying to see if I have the latest update but have no idea. Just in the last 2 days the battery is down to 24 hours. My screen keeps freezing & I can't move it up, down & sideways.  All I can see is the time & steps. Just looked again and now it's working.  Will see how long battery lasts this then I'll reset. Have been working on this for about 3 hrs.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone! Just wanted to thank you all for your participation in this thread.

Since we began the rollout of the new firmware version, I've gone ahead and closed this thread from further comments.

For more information on this new update, I recommend checking out my new post in the Versa board.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes