Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VERSA 2 - Fitbit OS 4.1.1 Firmware Update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 2/6

Fitbit OS 4.1.1 (Firmware Version: 35.70.7.21) for VERSA 2 smartwatches has been released to 100% of users. If you haven't yet, please make sure you update your watch to this new firmware. 

If you recently purchased or set up your Versa 2, you might not see this firmware available to you yet. Continue syncing the watch and in a few days or less, you'll be prompted to update to this firmware. 

Fitbit Update: 1/31

Hi, Versa 2 users!

We’re excited to announce the release of Fitbit OS 4.1.1 (Firmware Version: 35.70.7.21) exclusively for Versa 2 Smartwatches. 

We've begun releasing this new firmware to customers. This is a progressive rollout which means everyone will receive it at different stages until it has been completely released to all users. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. 

*Firmware releases are not distributed based on region or location and can reach anyone no matter where you reside. We do not recommend performing a factory reset to force the update to your device as your data will be lost and you may not get the update. Please be patient and wait until you see the update banner inside of the Fitbit app to begin the firmware download.

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

The update includes the following: 

•  We optimized the algorithm used to track your heart rate on Versa 2 to complement our latest hardware.
    • Bug fixes and other improvements.

For more information on the new features included in Fitbit OS 4.1.1 check out this article. You can also check out our press release

HOW DO I UPDATE?

Step by step instructions for updating your Versa 2 can be found here

If you run into any trouble updating your Versa 2, I recommend reviewing these troubleshooting tips. If you have any issues after completing the update, when in doubt, try a restart on the watch. 

How to restart your watch:

1. For Fitbit Versa 2, hold the back(left) button for 10 seconds.
  2. Let go of the button.

We appreciate your patience while we work to roll this out to everyone. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
350 REPLIES 350

HI there,  my Versa 2 already shows Firmware Version: 35.70.7.21,  so does that mean I already have the latest update.    If so it hasn't fixed my problem of no notifications from my Samsung S10+,  I did start a post on this but seems to have fallen on deaf ears,      Hopefully this can be resolved as it has been a problem for long time now.  

Regards Mario

My post I posted recently . 

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Versa-Smartwatches/Versa-2-quot-No-Notifications-quot-Very-annoying/...

Best Answer

Hi there

Yes that is the latest update. I got my Fitbit Versa 2 3 weeks ago and was never able to get text notification to work. I never had this problem. I seen other threads were people had same problems.  

Best Answer

Hello, I updated my Versa last night (version 70.7.14) but now my fitbit won't turn on at all. 

I have put it on the charger and no response. my phone app says the battery is full. I have tried resetting (holding down left button for 10 secs). any suggestions? HELP!

Best Answer

@LizzyFitbit with respect to EVO, if I go to the sleep tile on my Android phone using 20243457, I see 4 graphs, none of which are EVO.

I know in the past when new graphs were added, they showed up even if they had no data, is that the case with EVO?  If so, you might need to check that this feature is rolled out properly to everyone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was so hopeful that this update would include swimming data to be displayed DURING THE EXERCISE, but alas, it remains a useless stopwatch with no lap or distance information.  Foiled again.  Sure wish there was a way for Fitbit to listen to our issues.....

Best Answer

How about fixing the swimming "goals" & "stats" on versa 2.  You people are dragging the chain on this one. Never have I heard of downgrading functionality when one "upgrades" from Versa 1.

Sick of your prevarication; there is no honesty in your responses to requests for re-including all previous swimming features

Best Answer

Will this resolve the issue Customer Service was unable to fix concerning the interface between Pixel4XL and it’s inability to open, read and/or receive text messages and calendar messages..?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue w my Pixel 4XL

Best Answer
0 Votes

I spoke with Samsung about the difference between the J7 & J3. They said as long as the software is updated to Version 8.0 there isn't much difference other than cosmetic. My Alta HR, Charge 3 wasn't supposed to work with my phone and they did. After a few weeks of no text messages, they started coming in with no problem. Then you force me to do an update to fix all the bugs last week. So I listened and now I don't get the texts again.Would you talk with Samsung about the Software. You say it has to be 7.0 and above. Mine is.8.0. Texts came through fine before the update you put out. Now I'm back where I started with No Texts. Now do I have to wait and be patient until it miraculously starts working again? I have friends with a Samsung J7 and they refuse to do the update after what it undid to mine. Do not say the Samsung J7 is not on your list. I know that but it has worked until the update you forced me to do. Yes, I have done everything I was told when I first complained in Dec. 2019. You sent me an email that you were working on it and be patient and I did and it did work. But not now again.

Best Answer

I too had this issue after the update. My screen stopped responding to all touch - no apps, no review of daily stats and I could not run off my alarms. It is responding more now that it has been a couple of days and especially after I restarted it. It said to hold the left-sided button for 10 seconds and release once it shuts off. After re-starting it is working as prior to the update. Hope this helps...I was getting nervous after reading so many people reported that the touch screens just stop working. 

Best Answer

I too updated 2 days ago. Now no charge have a battery with exclamation mark I've time and now it's a brick. Won't turn on, doesn't seem to be charging, not connecting.... Nothing

Best Answer

I've got same issue.... 2 days after update... Dead versa 2. Please advise 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My watch is struggling since the update. The battery started draining really quickly. I tried swapping watch faces to a fitbit one as recommended but the app just says it's switching and its been like that for hours. I can see the battery draining as this happens. I've also tried turning the watch off and on and also unpairing with the app. 

Best Answer

Snap...... Happened to me as well. Fell back to Versa standard clock face!!! Was a nightmare cos it tooka long time to even do that!!!!

NOT HAPPY

Best Answer

When I started the app on my IPhone this morning it showed a firmware update available. I decided to fully charge my FitBit Versa 2 and IPhone before installing the update. After charging both devices the option to update firmware did not show up again in the IPhone app. Will try later and maybe try app on Computer.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried app on computer. Still no offer of firmware update. Also no option to even check for firmware update. Pretty cheesy, considering apps for other devices, like WiFi routers and hundreds of other WiFi-enabled devices have the option to check for firmware updates on their respective apps.

Best Answer

Now that I have taken the update my touch screen functionality does not work or works intermittently. Will there be an update to the code to address this issue? 

Best Answer

I too am having the same issues. Ver annoying indeed. 

Best Answer

I need to call support but on Sunday I accepted the update and my watched looked like it turned off.  I placed it on the charger thinking it needed some juice.  I tried all the tricks to turn it on but the thing is just dead.  My husband thinks between the update and the charger - it fried.  Has this been an issue.  I have owned it for over a year and have been lost without it.

Best Answer

Hi, I’ve updated my fitbit 3 hrs ago. I worked out (weights) 2 hrs ago and did 30 mins on the stairclimber at level 10 after the weights training. However the whole time my heart rate was at 80-90BPM. It wouldn’t even go to a hundred?! Normally it would’ve been 120-140bpm. Can someone please tell me how to get the old version back 😭 The update messed with my Versa!!!!! Ugh

Best Answer