Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VERSA 2 - Fitbit OS 4.1.1 Firmware Update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 2/6

Fitbit OS 4.1.1 (Firmware Version: 35.70.7.21) for VERSA 2 smartwatches has been released to 100% of users. If you haven't yet, please make sure you update your watch to this new firmware. 

If you recently purchased or set up your Versa 2, you might not see this firmware available to you yet. Continue syncing the watch and in a few days or less, you'll be prompted to update to this firmware. 

Fitbit Update: 1/31

Hi, Versa 2 users!

We’re excited to announce the release of Fitbit OS 4.1.1 (Firmware Version: 35.70.7.21) exclusively for Versa 2 Smartwatches. 

We've begun releasing this new firmware to customers. This is a progressive rollout which means everyone will receive it at different stages until it has been completely released to all users. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. 

*Firmware releases are not distributed based on region or location and can reach anyone no matter where you reside. We do not recommend performing a factory reset to force the update to your device as your data will be lost and you may not get the update. Please be patient and wait until you see the update banner inside of the Fitbit app to begin the firmware download.

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

The update includes the following: 

•  We optimized the algorithm used to track your heart rate on Versa 2 to complement our latest hardware.
    • Bug fixes and other improvements.

For more information on the new features included in Fitbit OS 4.1.1 check out this article. You can also check out our press release

HOW DO I UPDATE?

Step by step instructions for updating your Versa 2 can be found here

If you run into any trouble updating your Versa 2, I recommend reviewing these troubleshooting tips. If you have any issues after completing the update, when in doubt, try a restart on the watch. 

How to restart your watch:

1. For Fitbit Versa 2, hold the back(left) button for 10 seconds.
  2. Let go of the button.

We appreciate your patience while we work to roll this out to everyone. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
350 REPLIES 350

Hi, I’ve updated my fitbit 3 hrs ago. I worked out (weights) 2 hrs ago and did 30 mins on the stairclimber at level 10 after the weights training. However the whole time my heart rate was at 80-90BPM. It wouldn’t even go to a hundred?! Normally it would’ve been 120-140bpm. Can someone please tell me how to get the old version back 😭 The update messed with my Versa!!!!! Ugh

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

Mine is doing the same thing.  After the new update 35.70.721

Best Answer

Not sure if it’s a coincidence but I have to keep connecting to wifi manually as it constantly drops out, also I cannot transfer Deezer music from phone or tablet  to versa 2 watch, getting very frustrated as only had since xmas

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did the update to 35.70.7.21. Hasn't fixed anything as far as I can see, battery is still draining in a day. Suspect heart rate is reading high.

Bought Versa 2 on 16th September. No problem until I did the update to 35.70.7.14. Battery used to last 3 or 4 days.

Support is dissapointing and not what anyone would expect from such a (previously)  well respected brand. The constant denial that the firmware is not to blame is simply insulting our intelligence.

Best Answer

It messed with mine, too! I no longer get a true sleep analysis. No sleep score or anything other than the hours I am asleep, and one night it was way off.

Best Answer

Lizzy, can you please comment on the problems with the .21 update. My versa 2 is currently a brick. What I do?

Best Answer

I performed this update over the weekend and ever since the update, my touch screen does not work and when it may have a moment of responsiveness it is very brief. Other times, the entire device appears to be dead - no response to any touch, pressing of the left-sided button and no display. 

The app on my phone is still receiving data from my Versa 2, but I am unable to use the Versa 2 to complete any task, turn off alarms, access exercises etc. 

Is Fitbit working on this? Is there new code being written to correct the bugs? I have had my Versa for less than 2 months and this is not good. And please do not respond with the firmware release did not cause this...my Versa 2 was working just fine until I performed the update. And it appears a good number of other users are reporting many of the same issues. 

Best Answer

I just updated my Versa 2 on February 2. Since then, I have gotten inaccurate sleep time data once and absolutely NO sleep scores.
Prior to the update, I tried getting Pandora to work on it. It said I had to have the premium subscription, but it doesn't work even with that. Also, like someone else, i cannot get my messages from my android.

I just got this for Christmas, so it can't be the age!

Best Answer

And I find it laughable that the person I chatted with a short while ago advised me to do a factory reset. If my touch screen is not working, how am I to get to the set-up option where the factory reset is located?  

Best Answer

What app do you have that lets you get text messages? Does it sync with your phone messaging?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does this fix the text notifications?  I am about ready to buy an Apple watch!

Best Answer

Hi I installed google message for androids and made it my default message never had any problems alway get my text 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I updated to the latest version over the weekend.  Since that update, I have had to charge my device 3 times.  I also experienced the screen freezing where I could not swipe in any direction.  I contacted customer support and they acknowledged that there was an anomaly with my battery.  I would like to install the old firmware because things were working fine.

Best Answer

I updated my Versa 2 this morning and I still have the issue where if my watch is set to Auto (Motion) wake, it'll lock my touch screen after a few hours and I have to soft reset my watch to make it functional again. I've tried everything from factory resetting to removing every app/watchface that's not made by FitBit and it's still an issue. I got this brand new in December.

Can someone please confirm if this is a software or a hardware issue (and if I'll need a replacement)?

Best Answer
I have been chatting with Fitbit a good deal since Sunday. After multiple restarts and a factory reset, I am now receiving a new device as it was under warranty. Mind you my Versa 2 is less than 2 months old. 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer

After chatting with Fitbit, describing very similar issues, even after restarts and factory resets the woman I chatted with said my Versa 2 is defective and she is sending a replacement. I truly believe the firmware is the cause of the issue, but she said the product is defective and they would like it back to further trouble shoot. Fingers crossed the new device works. I only had this one for 6 weeks 😏

Best Answer

Why oh why won't they fix this stupid music/shortcut toggle on the top of the Versa? 

This is THE MOST annoying thing I don't want to see my music shortcut I just want to glance at my notifications!? 

I joined the community JUST to complain about this and I see I'm not alone in hating this "update" 

I even tried reseting my versa hoping to go back to the old OS but no luck. UGH Fitbit get it together! 

Best Answer

Why oh why won't they fix this stupid music/shortcut toggle on the top of the Versa? 

This is THE MOST annoying thing I don't want to see my music shortcut I just want to glance at my notifications!? 

I joined the community JUST to complain about this and I see I'm not alone in hating this "update" 

I even tried reseting my versa hoping to go back to the old OS but no luck. UGH Fitbit get it together!

Best Answer

@LizzyFitbit Thanks for your reply. As of today I have a brand new Versa 2 (without the touchscreen problems) with the latest firmware. All is well again. Let's just hope this one lasts longer than 6 weeks 🙂

Best Answer

My 1.5 month old Versa 2 just started to add quite a few floors of steps today for no reason.  The upgrade rolled down to me sometime earlier this week, and now i'm having this problem.  I assume they're related.

I have bought so may Fitbits over the past several years, and this really ticks me off.  I've replaced all of them, because the charging mechanism has never remained reliable, and now we have this problem.

I've restarted twice as instructed in another message thread.  Hopefully that will fix it.

These things shouldn't continue to happen.

Best Answer
0 Votes