Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 1 firmware update. Safe and stable?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all. I have a Versa 1 for awhile. I saw that there was an update available for the last few months. I avoided installing it as I had seen a lot of people having HR tracking issues and other bugs. So I held off updating. 

Is it now safe to update firmwae? Have these issues been fixed? Thanks in advance all!

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

I have created an account just to share my experience on this.

Short answer: DO NOT UPDATE - stay on the build before the new SpO2 clockface update

Long answer. Fitbit is undergoing planned obsolescence, specifically in terms of battery. Battery was draining much faster after the update, and fitbit drains battery even when you shut it down. Initially, I suspect the battery and went to replace it with a new third battery. Although it lasted longer, fitbit still drains when it is shut down. You can charge it to full, and find it unable to turn on after 1 day.

What you get after update -  max <1 day battery life + fitbit draining battery when turned off.

Best Answer

Whereas I have a fitbit versa that was given to me as it was not working. It was a 2019 model so a few years old now, I got it working and updated it and it still has battery life for 4-5 days. yay I know it is a freak but as someone I know has said to me many times, if it isnt broken dont try and fix it. If it is working ok now dont be in a big rush to update. It may work fine for you but then it may not, that isnt perculiar to fitbit but all computers. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Shamblesirl I updated 2 Versa 1's no problem. I didn't see "a lot of people having HR tracking issues and other bugs"? Most of the recent Firmware complaints I have seen on here were more Versa 2. 

Best Answer